Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Whats your major?

1. Oct 12, 2004 #1
    I'd like to know, mine is not physics or math. but I love math so I am here. How about you ?
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 12, 2004 #2

Gold Member

Double in physics and math, of course. :smile:
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2004
  4. Oct 12, 2004 #3
    I am triple :wink: social sciences(history), natural science(enviroment), engineering(mechanics).
  5. Oct 12, 2004 #4
    Chemistry, mathematics, and economics. And no I will not be graduating in 4 years, it would be impossible.
  6. Oct 12, 2004 #5

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Aerospace engineering
  7. Oct 12, 2004 #6

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Physics and Mathematics, and the possibility of getting an Accounting degree with a minor in Economics as well.

Thus, triple degree + minor this is because of an Accounting background, so this can be done in 5 years.
  8. Oct 12, 2004 #7

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Majored in Materials & Metallurgical Engg. Now doing a PhD in Physics.
  9. Oct 12, 2004 #8
    Wow, I'm impressed. How the heck do you all manage your time?
  10. Oct 12, 2004 #9
    Easy don't sleep. I sleep maybe 20 hrs a week, because I also work 20 hrs per week on top of going to school to pay for rent, food, and bills.
  11. Oct 12, 2004 #10

Man, you guys are nuts. I'm a physics major...that's it no other majors or minors, and i'm drained. Don't you guys need social lives as well?
  12. Oct 12, 2004 #11
    Haha, I just got liquid swords a couple a days ago.
  13. Oct 12, 2004 #12
    Hell yes I need a social life. Every Fri I go to the bars with my friends and drink. Sat afternoons I do work and sat night someone always has a party. Last week my roomates and I bought 3 kegs and had a pretty good party.
  14. Oct 12, 2004 #13
    I'm a minor minor philosophy student!

My father took High School at the same time as Music Concervatory, LoL.
  15. Oct 12, 2004 #14
    Oh, no..:frown: I still smell the beers around, dont drink it much or you will forget your way home :frown:
  16. Oct 12, 2004 #15
    mining eng., minor in business, them MBA in eng, i dont know about a PhD is eng yet though
  17. Oct 12, 2004 #16
    Aerospace Engineering
    Maybe a minor in physics if I can get away with one more physics class by the time I graduate.
  18. Oct 12, 2004 #17
    Well I don't pick a major until later on in the year but so far I'm thinking Honours Specialization in Planetary Sciences and Minor in Astronomy.
  19. Oct 12, 2004 #18
    Math and Computer Science.

I speculate that I will graduate in 5 years. I'm so behind in my computer science classes now. I just found out yesterday that my Calculus IV class will be offered Tuesday and Thursdays from 6 - 8:40. I can't afford to wait for the Fall to take it.
  20. Oct 12, 2004 #19
    Nuclear and Radiological Engineering, I might go for a double major with mathamatics.
  21. Oct 13, 2004 #20
    Physics major, math minor.. though I'm thinking of doing a math major (which would require at least another year or summer courses). Since i'm going to grad school it might just be TOO much school though.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?