Where can I find a book on modulation schemes like OFDM, QAM, and DPSK?

  • Thread starter Thread starter dervast
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Book Modulation
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 5K views
dervast
Messages
132
Reaction score
1
Hello to everyone i am looking for a book dedicated to the modulation schemes. I want to read about the basics but also more advanced modulation schemes such as OFDM,QAM,DPSK etc
Do u know any book or url that i can find the information i need?
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
Thx a lot what modulation schemes explained? I need a book that includes almost everything from modulation schemes... old and the newest ones.
Thx for your time
 
I have the older 1st edition of Stremler. I don't know if much got added or updated in the 2nd edition:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0201184982/?tag=pfamazon01-20

Here's the contents of the 1st edition:

1 -- Intro
2 -- Orthogonality and Signal Representations
3 -- Fourier Transform and Applications
4 -- Power Spectral Density
5 -- Ampl Modulation (AM, FDM, SSB)
6 -- Angle Mod (FM, PM)
7 -- Pulse Mod (PAM, TDM, PWM, PPM, PCM)
8 -- Probability and Random Variables
9 -- Information and Digital Transmission (BW vs. SNR, PCM vs. optimum)
Appendices (math tables, broadcast band info, erf, preemphasis systems, Bessel functions, etc.)


EDIT -- I'd guess he's added at least CDM in the 2nd edition, but I'm not sure. Maybe check out the book at your local technical library -- they should have a copy.
 
thx a lot i am also looking for more advanced modulation schemes such as dpsk,gmsk,qam,fsk etc
 
My text was http://he-cda.wiley.com/WileyCDA/HigherEdTitle/productCd-0471178691,courseCd-E56100.html by Simon Haykin, which I feel was very well written. (I used the 3rd edition). It covered very similar topics as Stremler.
 
Last edited by a moderator: