Where Can I Find Good Sources of Design Documentation?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ian_Brooks
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Design
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 17K views
Ian_Brooks
Messages
127
Reaction score
0
Can someone direct me to good sources of existing design documentation? Hopefully in electronic/embedded design - I just need to use them as a guideline and see what standards I have to meet when tailoring my design report.

Thanks,
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
I'm not able to send you any of my stuff as examples (proprietary materials owned by the company I work for), but here is a list of some of the kinds of things that will go into product documentation, depending on the product of course:

** Functional Specification Document

** Theory of Operation Document

** Schematic, Bill of Materials, PCB Layout documentation

** CPLD/FPGA design documentation (source code, pin definition file, programming file, programming instructions document)

** Documentation of any custom or unique parts used in the design (like transformers, etc.)


let's see, what else?