Where Can I Find Online Resources for Expanding My Calculus Knowledge?

  • Level: High School 
  • Thread starter Thread starter mburt
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Calculus Expansion
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
mburt
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
So I've just completed my high school calculus course (just introductory calculus) and I loved it. In fact I got 100% in the course overall, and I found the concepts (like infinite sequences, summation) really great.

The extension of what I did included limits (area under a curve and some other examples of usage), and discontinuous functions.

I was going to take Mathematics courses in university in my upcoming year but it looks like I won't be doing that anymore (choosing to do a double-major in business and french). Since I've done this pre-calculus course I don't even need to do the first math course in university, and that is the only course which the degree requires.

I've heard of things like integral notation, but I don't have a clue about it.

Does anyone know of any really good online resources that I could use? I would rather go with a website that someone knows well (and hopefully has used), instead of just doing a search.

Thanks
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Well, there are two "natural" directions to pursue after learning the basics of diffentiation&integration (in addition to learning more "techniques of integration").

1. Multi-variable analysis
2. Differential equations.

Both of these subjects are HUGE, and highly useful.

You could say they constitute the mathematical soul of ALL applied sciences.