Where can I read Essay on the Figure of the Earth ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter nonequilibrium
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Earth Essay Figure
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 3K views
nonequilibrium
Messages
1,412
Reaction score
2
Where can I read "Essay on the Figure of the Earth"?

Apparently Lord Kelvin wrote a supposedly very original essay at the age of 15 (and won a gold medal for it from some university) titled "Essay on the Figure of the Earth". However, I can't seem to find it anywhere. How do I go about finding it? (even tried my university's electronic database for publications)
 
Earth sciences news on Phys.org


Jeeze louise. I was thinking more of a reprint :p
 
in case you do go to glasgow, here's a page from glasgowguide.co.uk to help you to understand the language and the culture :biggrin:
 


So, there is no online copy? I would also like to read it