Where to Find Time Periods of Phugoid Motion for Aircrafts

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
Orion_uvw
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Hello, I have made program for simulating aircraft motion.
I am able to obtain natural modes of motion like phugoid, short phugoid, etc.
but to check whether it is simulating correctly, I need to validate it with some existing data,
so i tried to compare the time period of phugoid of Boeing 747-200 with some data but it seems nowhere on the internet I am able to obtain the time periods of phugoid motion of different aircrafts like boeing 747, cessna 182, beechcraft 99, etc.
Can somebody suggest a good source where this data will available ? or atleast tell the reason why such time period data is hard to obtain ?

Even approximate time periods will be helpful.

Thanks.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks for the reply. But can i get approximate time periods like after searching i found that 747 has phugoid time period of about 93 seconds.
Like so and so family of aircrafts have phugoid time periods in so and so range ?