Where to go for dental research?

• Thread starter timeuser84
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Research
In summary, the conversation is about finding a place near Dallas, Texas for dental research, specifically related to stem cell teeth and thicker gums. The person suggests googling "dental stem cell research programs" and also provides a link to the National Institutes of Health's website for finding clinical trials. The question is then clarified as wanting to participate in studies as a patient, and the answer is given as yes.
timeuser84
Hi, is there a place near me where I can go for dental research? I live in Dallas Texas and want to find the closest location near me. I am doing it because I want to help develop stem cell teeth for growing my teeth back and having thicker gums

Physics news on Phys.org
What research have you done on this so far?

timeuser84 said:
is there a place near me where I can go for dental research?
You want to go there to participate in studies as a patient? Or you want to go there to study pre-med and become a dentist and then dental researcher?

@Berk to participate in studies as a patient

timeuser84 said:
@Berk to participate in studies as a patient
And the answer to my question is ... ?

phinds said:
And the answer to my question is ... ?
Yes

timeuser84 said:
Yes
Cute, yes. Helpful, no.

1. What are the top institutions for dental research?

The top institutions for dental research include the National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, the University of Michigan School of Dentistry, the University of North Carolina School of Dentistry, the University of California San Francisco School of Dentistry, and the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine.

2. Are there any specialized dental research centers?

Yes, there are several specialized dental research centers such as the National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research's Division of Intramural Research, the American Dental Association Foundation's National Center for Evidence-Based Practice in Dentistry, and the International Association for Dental Research's Dental Research Centers Program.

3. What are the current hot topics in dental research?

Some current hot topics in dental research include regenerative dentistry, precision medicine in dentistry, biomaterials and tissue engineering, oral microbiome and its impact on overall health, and advances in dental technology.

4. Can I participate in dental research as a student?

Yes, many universities and research institutions offer opportunities for students to participate in dental research through internships, fellowships, and research assistant positions. You can also reach out to individual researchers or research centers to inquire about potential opportunities.

5. How can I stay updated on the latest advancements in dental research?

You can stay updated on the latest advancements in dental research by regularly checking reputable scientific journals such as the Journal of Dental Research, attending conferences and seminars, following dental research organizations and institutions on social media, and networking with other researchers in the field.