Where to start to make automation instrument ?

In summary, the speaker is a university student majoring in Electrical Engineering with a concentration in control. They express frustration at the lack of practical experience in their curriculum and mention their internship at a manufacturing company. The speaker is seeking guidance and resources for their project to detect the quality of produced items. They ask for help in deciding which parameters to measure and for assistance with implementation.
creativen
Dear Experts,

I am currently in last year in university. My major is Electrical Engineering concentration in control. In my campus, I am given a lot of theory about EE rather than practical things (making instrument or robot).

And now I get my internship in manufacturing company that gives me project to detect whether the produced stuff (in this case cable for automotive) has match with the quality standard or no.

I start searching for previous year final project by online n offline but I don't get the stuff that can guide me step by step...

I am so confused!

Anyone there might help me? maybe lend me yours or share me your links or share your experience :D

Thank you so much for yout time and sharing.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Start by deciding which parameters you need to measure, and with what accuracy.
Once that is done you can start worrying about the implementation.

1. What is the first step in making an automation instrument?

The first step in making an automation instrument is to identify the purpose and function of the instrument. This will help determine the necessary components and design specifications.

2. What knowledge or skills are needed to create an automation instrument?

Creating an automation instrument requires knowledge in engineering, programming, and electronics. Skills such as coding, circuit design, and mechanical assembly are also essential.

3. What components are necessary for an automation instrument?

The necessary components for an automation instrument may vary depending on its purpose, but some common components include microcontrollers, sensors, motors, and power supplies.

4. How do I choose the right software for my automation instrument?

The software used for an automation instrument will depend on its purpose and the programming language compatible with the chosen microcontroller. Research and experimentation may be necessary to find the most suitable software.

5. Are there any safety considerations when creating an automation instrument?

Yes, safety should always be a top priority when creating an automation instrument. It is important to follow proper safety protocols and consider any potential hazards, such as electrical shocks or moving parts, during the design and construction process.