1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Engineering Which branch of engineering will be best in the future?

1. Jan 24, 2012 #1
    Hello, me again,

I was told in my last thread "Unsure 10th grader about the future" to invest my energies more towards engineering. That being said, which Engineering branch is going to be better suited in the future? My time frame for graduating, with a B.Sc., is from 2016-2018 (Sophomore in H.S. right now). I am more interested in Computational Engineering, Bio-medical Engineering and, not really engineering but I'll toss it in anyway, Computer Science. Therefore, what should I go into?

Thank you,

Jorge.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 24, 2012 #2
    It looks like chemical engineering is still in demand, but who knows in 5 years?

4. Apr 10, 2012 #3
    Jorge, your in tenth grade, the most likely thing that will happen is that your interests will change in time. You still dont know who you are and what you really love. You, as a person, are still developing. Set your scope wide; try many subjects out; find things you love, make a list, and then go from there.

At this point in the game take as many math and science classes as you can, but don't avoid the others.

I've heard it said by many, "If you do something you LOVE for a career, you never actually have to work a day in your life."

A large percentage of your life will be spent trying to earn an income, why not slow down, take a deep breath and try to answer this question first: "What type of career/ job would you do for free?"

5. Apr 11, 2012 #4
    In 10th grade I wanted to be an astronaut, in 11th grade I wanted to be a marine, in 12 grade I wanted to be a pole dancer...

Moral of the story, enjoy highschool!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook