Which Enemy of the Christian Faith Are You?

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Ivan Seeking said:
Have you ever heard the old song "One Tin Soldier" by Coven? It was the theme song for the movie.
Go ahead and hate your neighbor,
Go ahead and cheat a friend,
Do it in the name of Heaven,
And be justified in the end...

was that the one? I woke up with that stuck in my head one morning last week.

synchronicity.

Zoobie

That's not on the list at Tom's link, but it is an obvious extrapolation of a gedanken experiment in Halliday and Resnik.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Math Is Hard said:
Go ahead and hate your neighbor,
Go ahead and cheat a friend,
Do it in the name of Heaven,
And be justified in the end...

was that the one? I woke up with that stuck in my head one morning last week.

synchronicity.
A golden oldie: I still love that song. I sent it to you in lieu of the fact that we would be having this discussion. :biggrin:

Last edited:
I see the light, and it burns!
Where can I buy a T-shirt with that on :)

I am a Christian, but still I match scientist and philosopher.

Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Say, what were we talking about here ... Billy Jack...no, T-shirts...no, no, the basis of the US judicial system and foreign policy ? No...I get it; the obvious extrapolation of a gedanken experiment in Halliday and Resnik ! :biggrin:

Nothing couldn't - care - less

"one of christianity's worst enemies" {mispelling in original text!}
"utterly untouchable"

Boy, am I gonna burn!

Actually, I disagree with one part of the diagnosis. I DO care what people believe and how it affects the way they think and act.

AGB

------

P.S. I thought "atheist" just meant someone has dedicated onesself to the great god Athe (two-syllables) instead of one of the usual divinities. :smile:

plover
Homework Helper
Ivan Seeking said:
Well I can't imagine why there is any confusion! :biggrin: Billy Jack refers to my bit of native American heritage and my interest in these beliefs. The Jack Mormon works since I am likely excumuinicated from the LDS by now - considering I haven't attended for twenty years. Since I have been born again and was raised catholic...and am a Jack Catholic at least.... In fact it is actually much more complicated than that. I explored a lot of religions while in my early twenties.
So what you're saying is that one of the test results ought to have been "Been-There-Done-That"? :biggrin:

Are you familiar with the essay "God and I" by Teresa Nielsen Hayden, which concerns how she (more or less) forced the LDS to formally excommunicate her?

enigma
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
zeronem said:
Why do you think the United States, founded by our Four Fathers based the laws of the United States on the Ten Commandments?
Please see my response to this here.

I didn't want to derail this thread with my rant.

I'm a Christian! wooohooo!

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
plover said:
So what you're saying is that one of the test results ought to have been "Been-There-Done-That"? :biggrin:

Are you familiar with the essay "God and I" by Teresa Nielsen Hayden, which concerns how she (more or less) forced the LDS to formally excommunicate her?
No but thanks. Very interesting.
And darned if the fellow didn't stand up, address the Almighty, and say "We thank Thee, O Lord, for bringing us together on this occasion--." I nearly swallowed my tongue trying to keep from laughing.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I can see why.

Two comments: I was told the long underswear is intended to prevent exposing one's self in any way that may be improper. The reason for this is to avoid tempting others. I don't know if this is really the original motive or not.

Edit: If this was really the motive - to prevent tempting others - then I would expect that the underwear would not be required once a person reaches a certain age; say by age....well...I dare not say when. :redface:

As for the curiously placed holes in the long underwear, I think this myth about the Mormons actually comes from the now all but extinct [Traditional] Shakers. It was not allowed for the bodies of a husband and wife to touch except through a hole in a sheet. :surprise:

Boy, that would be fun. :yuck:

Last edited:
Philosopher/scientist..and umm, catholic :biggrin:

Tom Mattson
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
zoobyshoe said:
Zoobie

That's not on the list at Tom's link, but it is an obvious extrapolation of a gedanken experiment in Halliday and Resnik.
Only in the sense that it's an obvious extrapolation of any good book on relativity. :biggrin:

Philosopher/Scientist

I'm a big nothing it says. I think agnostic would be more correct

Last edited:
Thx for the quiz. It was nice! Looks like there's plenty of atheists here - I'm one too! Anyway, i think it was the 'question5. Are you afraid of God?' I answered 'I'm not sure he exists'. Isn't that obvious?!

I guess it's a funny quiz, but pretty useless ! I've been flattered by philosopher/scientist, but I wanted that kind of result to get out ! And I would have been mad if they call me nothing !

physicskid said:
Thx for the quiz. It was nice! Looks like there's plenty of atheists here - I'm one too! Anyway, i think it was the 'question5. Are you afraid of God?' I answered 'I'm not sure he exists'. Isn't that obvious?!
That is not the answer of an atheïst. An atheïst would have responded "What is there to be afraid of?". Your answer is that of an agnost.

BoulderHead
Philosopher/Scientist

On the 1st question the answers are in this order:
christian
philoscience
heretic
priest
creationist
atheist
nothing

On the second question the answers are in the order:
nothing
atheist
creationist
heretic
philoscience
priest
christian
On the 3rd question the answers are in the order
nothing
creationist
heretic
athiest
philoscience
priest
christian
On the 4th question the answers are in the order
athiest
philoscience
heretic
creationist
priest
christian
nothing
on the 5th question the answers are
heretic
christian
philoscience
creationist
atheist
priest
nothing
on the 6th question they are
heretic
atheist
christian
philoscience
creationist
priest
nothing
I'm not going to tell you the answers to the rest.

Integral
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Atheist,

Opps! not long enough! Now it is.

Tom Mattson said:
Hey there! Hi there! Ho there!

Step right up and play the game that's got 'em talking from the Bible Belt to the Vatican!

Well, not really, but I thought it was funny. Play here:

http://robertandtim.topcities.com/quiz/christ/christquiz.html [Broken]

I'm an "Atheist". :cool:

Philosopher scientist....i was going for antichrist though...

Edit: I see jtolliver has informed u that this is not a possible answer...they need a better test.

Last edited by a moderator: