Which field of study teaches how to make electronic components

In summary: They have the knowledge and expertise to select the appropriate materials for the components and ensure their reliability. It is also important to have a basic understanding of the manufacturing process and supply chain management in order to acquire the necessary supplies for production. In summary, the fields of study that are relevant for making electronic components include electrical engineering, physics, mechanical engineering, and materials science and engineering. It is important to have a combination of technical knowledge, design skills, and understanding of production processes and supply chain management to successfully create electronic components.
ndriana
Hello everyone,
I was wondering which field of study teaches how to make electronic components. For example, I would like to learn how to make resistors, caps, led, transistors... I have more or less of the theory, such as what the Dirac gaps are, if we talk about semiconductor... But what I really want to kn the actual instruments to use, how to acquire the supplies in the world mar etc

Physics news on Phys.org
ndriana said:
Hello everyone,
I was wondering which field of study teaches how to make electronic components. For example, I would like to learn how to make resistors, caps, led, transistors... I have more or less of the theory, such as what the Dirac gaps are, if we talk about semiconductor... But what I really want to kn the actual instruments to use, how to acquire the supplies in the world mar etc
EE and Physics for the technical electronics and solid state physics knowledge and background to design the components, and add in ME to design the production machines to produce the components.

For example, my fellow EEs and I have designed several transceiver PHYs for IoT communication, and we then worked with MEs to bring them to market. :smile:

Hope that helps.

berkeman said:
EE and Physics for the technical electronics and solid state physics knowledge and background to design the components, and add in ME to design the production machines to produce the components.

For example, my fellow EEs and I have designed several transceiver PHYs for IoT communication, and we then worked with MEs to bring them to market. :smile:

Hope that helps.
In addition to the above, teams usually include members with backgrounds in materials science and engineering.

Likes berkeman

1. What is the field of study that teaches how to make electronic components?

The field of study that teaches how to make electronic components is called Electronics Engineering.

2. What kind of courses are typically included in this field of study?

Courses in this field of study typically include circuit design, microelectronics, digital electronics, electromagnetics, and semiconductor devices.

3. What skills are necessary to succeed in this field of study?

To succeed in this field of study, one needs to have a strong foundation in mathematics and physics, as well as critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Familiarity with computer software and programming languages is also important.

4. Are there any specific software or tools used in this field of study?

Yes, there are various software and tools used in this field, such as computer-aided design (CAD) software for circuit design, simulation software for testing electronic components, and programming tools for microcontrollers.

5. What career options are available for graduates with a degree in Electronics Engineering?

Graduates with a degree in Electronics Engineering can pursue careers in various industries, including telecommunications, consumer electronics, automotive, aerospace, and medical devices. They can work as electronics engineers, circuit designers, quality control engineers, or research and development engineers.