Which is the best book on EMT, Tx lines, Antenna etc

In summary, the top books recommended for learning about EMT, Tx lines, Antenna, etc are "Electromagnetic Theory" by John D. Kraus and Daniel A. Fleisch, "Antenna Theory and Design" by Warren L. Stutzman and Gary A. Thiele, "Transmission Lines and Networks" by Walter C. Johnson, and "Electromagnetic Fields and Waves" by Paul Lorrain and Dale R. Corson. "Electromagnetic Theory" by John D. Kraus and Daniel A. Fleisch is considered the best for beginners, while "Antenna Theory and Design" by Warren L. Stutzman and Gary A. Thiele focuses on practical applications. There are also various
dexterdev
Hi PF,
I want a good book to follow for electro magnetics , transmission lines and antennas etc. I would prefer the style of Richard G Lyons (DSP) or Hugh hildreth Skilling (Fundamentals of electric waves). I love the style in book 'Fundamentals of electric waves'. But it deals no transmission lines.

Any suggestions for me , dear friends...

-Devanand T

Engineering news on Phys.org
Antennas by Kraus and Electromagnetics by Kraus were two that I used as supplementary text to my main text of Electromagnetics by Griffiths. I preferred Kraus over Griffiths big time.

1. What are the top books recommended for learning about EMT, Tx lines, Antenna, etc?

The top books recommended for learning about EMT, Tx lines, Antenna, etc are "Electromagnetic Theory" by John D. Kraus and Daniel A. Fleisch, "Antenna Theory and Design" by Warren L. Stutzman and Gary A. Thiele, "Transmission Lines and Networks" by Walter C. Johnson, and "Electromagnetic Fields and Waves" by Paul Lorrain and Dale R. Corson.

2. Which book is best for beginners in the field of EMT, Tx lines, Antenna, etc?

The book "Electromagnetic Theory" by John D. Kraus and Daniel A. Fleisch is considered the best for beginners as it provides a comprehensive introduction to the fundamentals of EMT, Tx lines, Antenna, etc and includes numerous examples and exercises for practice.

3. Are there any books specifically focused on practical applications of EMT, Tx lines, Antenna, etc?

Yes, "Antenna Theory and Design" by Warren L. Stutzman and Gary A. Thiele is a highly recommended book for its emphasis on practical applications and real-world design considerations for antennas.

4. Are there any online resources or tutorials that can supplement these books?

Yes, there are various online resources and tutorials available for learning about EMT, Tx lines, Antenna, etc. Some popular ones include Khan Academy, Coursera, and YouTube channels such as "Antenna Theory" and "EMT Made Easy".

5. Do these books cover all the necessary topics in EMT, Tx lines, Antenna, etc?

While these books cover a wide range of topics in EMT, Tx lines, Antenna, etc, they may not cover every single aspect in detail. It is recommended to consult multiple sources and supplement with practical experience to gain a thorough understanding of these concepts.