Which is the job of a physicist in a nuclear central?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 5K views
Frank93
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Hi everyone! I'm near to get a physics degree. Always like me nuclear physics, how can energy be obtained by a little cuantity of matter... I want to ask you,if you know, which is the work/tasks of a physicist in a nuclear central (if they can work there :) ). I would like to be more descriptibe,but, you can say, my english is not very good.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm guessing he wants to work in the control room of a nuclear power plant?

http://top100people.club/club/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Homer-Simpson-nuclear-top100.jpg
Homer-Simpson-nuclear-top100.jpg
 
Attachments
  • Homer-Simpson-nuclear-top100.jpg
    Homer-Simpson-nuclear-top100.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 4,065
The physicists I know involved with nuclear power plants work on the core designs (the arrangements of the fuel assemblies, how much enrichment and best locations for the once-burned assemblies). This is really nuclear engineering but there is a lot of crossover. They can be employed by the power plant or by the fuel vendor.