Which of the symptoms is characteristic for food allergy

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
zade70
Messages
61
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


Which of the symptoms is characteristic for food allergy
bumps (pimple) on the face
difficulty in breathing
flue
none of these

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution


I'm between the first and second.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
If this is a theoretical question, I will leave it for the medically trained as personal experiences show that not everyone presents the same symptoms with allergic reactions to some things, and especially consumables.

If you actually are experiencing symptoms and are trying to self diagnose, I recommend you seek proper medical advice instead. In general, the people here are helpful and like to present positive and correct answers, but some situations demand seeking a professional opinion. Personal health and survival is one of those.
 
zade70 said:

Homework Statement


Which of the symptoms is characteristic for food allergy
bumps (pimple) on the face
difficulty in breathing
flue
none of these

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution


I'm between the first and second.
You are correct to reject the 3rd choice "flu".

I think the difficulty in choosing between #1 and #2 may be an issue of semantics or language translation. Both difficulty breathing and a rash can be signs of an allergic reaction. But what kind of rash? How does it develop, and what does it look like? :smile:

Wee-Lamm said:
If you actually are experiencing symptoms and are trying to self diagnose, I recommend you seek proper medical advice instead.
I'm pretty sure it is just a schoolwork question. :smile: