Which One-Hit Wonder Band's Song Gives You a Natural Rush?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Loren Booda
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
71 replies · 14K views
I know, I'd never heard of these bands before either. They are real bands though.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
tribdog said:
I know, I'd never heard of these bands before either. They are real bands though.

They aren't even close to one hitters though. I know them all well. Oh and forgive me if I get a bit mouthy. I'm several beers on my way to being REALLY relaxed.
 
Last edited:
Anttech said:
Thats not a 1 hit wonder.. they had a few hits



Actually none of these are, I don't know Whale but the rest arent

Yeah, but arildno listed the Steve Miller Band as a one hit wonder. I figured we weren't being too picky!
 
"A Girl Like You" sends me. So do "Harden My Heart," "867-5309/Jenny" and "Don't You (Forget About Me)."
 
tribdog said:
I know, I'd never heard of these bands before either. They are real bands though.
Oh yeah, and there was this band called "The U2's" that did this single called "11 o'clock, tick tock." That was great.

And I remember this pretty good song called "I'm so hot for her (and she's so cold)." I think the band was "The Rolling of the Stones" or something like that.

Does anyone remeber "The REM's" who had one song called "Radio Song"? It wasn't that good, but it got some play.
 
You must listen to some obscure "college" radio stations
 
Thanks, Loren. I've been trying to remember Quarterflash ever since this thread started, and kept coming up blank.
 
Danger said:
Thanks, Loren. I've been trying to remember Quarterflash ever since this thread started, and kept coming up blank.
DAMMIT! I've been trying for the last twenty years to FORGET Quarterflash! THANKS A LOT!


:-p



Oh, two more from about 1979:
"Hey Saint Peter" and "Driver's Seat"

One is by "Flash in the Pan" the other is by "Sniff and the Tears." I could never remember which is which.
 
I've never thought of that, but I suppose it's possible. Certainly appropriate.
 
Tom Mattson said:
The Humpty Dance by Digital Underground
oooh! I love Digital Underground. I thought they were brilliant. I still keep the Sex Packets CD in my car.

I searched forever to get an LP by a one-or-two-hit-wonder band called "Ta mara and the Seen" (from around 1980, I think). I finally found it on e-bay and bought it, but now I have nothing to play it on.:cry: I need to figure out how to make a CD out of it.