Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Which one to choose?DSP/Commun/control/embed

1. Aug 16, 2012 #1
    which one to choose???DSP/Commun/control/embed

hi...i have found this forum very much resource ful.
    i am in a dilemma of chosing my specialization for ms (in US).I am very much interested in mathematics and also very good at especially calculus and algebra.After MS i will be looking for job which is challenging, handsome salary(hate paper work,reporting kind of work).I am also good in MATLAB simulations did 3 projects in UG.I did some research came with following options.
    1.signal processing------very much interested
    2.communications--------partially work experience in this field
    3.control systems-----------very much interested
    4.embedded systems--------no idea what is this?
    5.comp architecture and comp hardware--------kinda hate it in my UG courses
    6.VLSI and analog systems----------slightle interested
    7.Micro electronics---------again no idea what is this word means.if its advanced form of microprocessors then interested

out of these i am much interested in siganal processing and contral systems.Embed systems i have no idea what it is?the thing i want to know is what kind of jobs these fields offering.which one to chose keeping job prospects in priority.
    thanks in advance.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 16, 2012 #2
    Re: which one to choose???DSP/Commun/control/embed

If signal processing and communication is your thing, you should try those things only. I would advice going against VLSI/analog/microelectronics, which will bore you.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook