Which Techniques Are Best for Optical Characterization of Semiconductors?

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Maj_Tr
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Build Lab Optical
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
Maj_Tr
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hello Everybody,

I am going to build an optical lab. to characterize semiconductors which have a luminescence over a wide range 200 nm - 1500 nm.

I hope to have a setup which flexible to carry more than spectroscopic technique and be able to study this wide spectral range.

I would appreciated your suggestions about it or about a general tips in the optical measurments labs.

Thank you in advance !
 
Physics news on Phys.org
That's a large spectral range, and AFAIK will require at least two sets of instruments- some for the UV-VIS range and another set for VIS-NIR range. A 'standard' set of tools will get you started- sources, calibration references, detectors, amplifiers, etc. A light-tight enclosure is helpful.

What else do you want to do besides spectrosocopy?
 
Thank for your reply.

I agree, it might be not possible to have it in one setup.

In principle, I am seeking to do PL, reflections and Raman spectroscopy.

And in advance be able to adapted for µ-PL measurments.

Do you reccomed any other optical charaterization techniques?

Is there an idea if the solid-state laser diodes useful or what make it does not suit,
for these spectroscopic measurments?

Kind regards