Who will be the next winner of the Physics Forums Quiz?

  • Thread starter Thread starter micromass
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Quiz
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
39 replies · 6K views


Sigh...20:00 GMT, That will be 1:30 AM over here
 
Physics news on Phys.org


QuarkCharmer said:
?

20:00:00 Sunday October 2, 2011 in GMT converts to
15:00:00 Sunday October 2, 2011 in EST
Daylight Saving Time is not in effect on this date/time in GMT
Daylight Saving Time is not in effect on this date/time in EST

If I am not mistaken, 15:00:00 is 3:00pm

It's 4 pm EST! Are you using the same website that I was complaining about lying? Because apparently is IS DST over here. I'm EST and I'm strongly advising you that it will be 4 PM EST.
 


ArcanaNoir said:
It's 4 pm EST! Are you using the same website that I was complaining about lying? Because apparently is IS DST over here. I'm EST and I'm strongly advising you that it will be 4 PM EST.

Why is this looking familiar? :confused:

When would daylight saving be in effect in EST?
 


I like Serena said:
Why is this looking familiar? :confused:

When would daylight saving be in effect in EST?

I thought you said it was NOW... Am I still confused?
 


Can we just ban micro and get it over with?
 


I remember you were looking at a website that said daylight saving was not in effect in EST.

I just found this: "During the eight-month period of Daylight Saving Time, the names of time in each of the time zones in the U.S. (map) change as well. Eastern Standard Time (EST) becomes Eastern Daylight Time, [...]"

So EST never has daylight saving and you are currently not in EST, but in EDT.
 


Pengwuino said:
Can we just ban micro and get it over with?

Wouldn't work - he'd just come back from that.
 


I like Serena said:
I remember you were looking at a website that said daylight saving was not in effect in EST.

I just found this: "During the eight-month period of Daylight Saving Time, the names of time in each of the time zones in the U.S. (map) change as well. Eastern Standard Time (EST) becomes Eastern Daylight Time, [...]"

So EST never has daylight saving and you are currently not in EST, but in EDT.

OH! Well that's the answer I was looking for in the original thread about that site. Thank you for informing me.