Why 1+1 =2 on the 20 greatest equation list?

  • Level: High School 
  • Thread starter Thread starter viktor
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    List
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
62 replies · 18K views
Diffy said:
As a computer science minor I personally believe that 1 + 1 = 0 :smile:

As a CS major I thought you'd say 1+1=11
 
Mathematics news on Phys.org
John Creighto said:
As a CS major I thought you'd say 1+1=11

Oh, sorry to be picky but that's 1+1=10.

As in the good old,
“There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who can read binary, and those who can't.”​
⚛​
 
CaptainQuasar said:
Oh, sorry to be picky but that's 1+1=10.

As in the good old,
“There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who can read binary, and those who can't.”​
⚛​


right and 10 + 10 = 100, but if you only had two bytes 10 + 10 = 00, just like if you only had one bit 1 + 1 = 0.

I was assuming one bit.
 
Last edited: