Why 80% of Americans Live East of This Line

• Thread starter Tom.G
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Line
In summary: For northernmost settlement in US, I should have referenced Utqiagvik (formerly known as Barrow), AK, 71°17′26″N 156°47′19″W Approximately 100% of Canadians and Americans live south of the latitude of...In summary, the video discusses Population Density, Topography, Orography, and Rainfall. John Wesley Powell's insights were timely, not centuries ahead of (or before) his (its) time.
DaveC426913 said:
When I took a cruise to Juneau Alaska, they told me there are is no land access to the state's capital.

There are three ways into Juneau: by water, by air and by birth canal.

yup was told the same thing when I visited there in 2019

Earth sciences news on Phys.org
DaveC426913 said:
Call me a linguistic pedant.

"Any" meridian could be - since I get to choose it - 179W. I'll bet you do not live West of that Meridian.

Unless your argument is that anything, including, say, Grand Manan Island (44.7N,66.8W) is still "west" of the 179W meridian.

I think that is the argument. If you find yourself on the 179W meridian, travel due north to lat. 45; then head west (roughly towards Sakhalin Island). Keep going west and you will hit Grand Manan.

Silly? Maybe. Ask @Haborix

gmax137 said:
I think that is the argument. If you find yourself on the 179W meridian, travel due north to lat. 45; then head west (roughly towards Sakhalin Island). Keep going west and you will hit Grand Manan.

Silly? Maybe. Ask @Haborix

To stop being obtuse (and/or silly), that is what I meant. I really only expected to elicit boos, not analysis.

Haborix said:
I really only expected to elicit boos, not analysis.
1664851116779.png

• Haha
Likes Haborix and Tom.G
DaveC426913 said:
Call me a linguistic pedant.

"Any" meridian could be - since I get to choose it - 179W. I'll bet you do not live West of that Meridian.

Unless your argument is that anything, including, say, Grand Manan Island (44.7N,66.8W) is still "west" of the 179W meridian.
I think I found the secret flat earther on PF.

• Haha
Likes Haborix and DaveC426913