Why am I getting electrocuted by metal after my hand implant was removed?

  • Level: High School 
  • Thread starter Thread starter creepyone
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Metal
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
creepyone
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
hi, I'm a web developer so i usually stay in front of a computer for almost 12 hrs a day.

my question is, when i get up from my computer and hold a metal, ex. faucet or a spoon, or even a refrigerator holder i get electrocuted.
FYI, by the way, i got a surgical implant in my right hand because of a severe breakage of my bone. and the implant stayed in my arms for about 6 or 7 years, but its been removed last year.
is it connected? I'm just curios because i get electrocuted for 5 up to 10 volts..

its like I'm being bitten by a big big ant... ?

is there any explanation with this?? it all started after the removal of my hand implant.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Is there any reason why you don't think it's a run-of-the-mill static shock? How is it different?