Air Crash Investigation: A Technical Journey and an Emotional Rollercoaster

In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of crying and whether it is natural for men to cry. Some participants share their personal experiences with crying, including during movies and over the death of pets. Others argue that crying is a natural and healthy way to express emotions. The conversation also touches on the subject of gender stereotypes and societal expectations for men to suppress their emotions.
Men cry because there is a tiny sad clown who lives inside the superfluous left nipple. Sometimes the clown's mojo interacts with the man's aura, then crying results.

But my clown is crying for Obama too.

Physics news on Phys.org
OmCheeto said:
I have wept every day since Obama won.

Every day.

:cry:

I am very happy.

WOW, so he won, i am happy it makes you happy, but i never would have thought such a thing could make one cry.

wolram said:
Why do men weep?

Because despite popular opinion, we're human too, and humans are emotional creatures.

They cry because they can.

Men are allowed to cry as long as nobody see them crying...:rolleyes:

DaveC426913 said:
I, on the other hand, took my poor Betta 'Spike'* - upon his natural death, following a year of healthy life after his belly operation (which I performed with antiseptic and a needle on my office desk) - down to Lake Ontario and set him free there so he could make his way down the St. Lawrence into the ocean and back to his native Thailand.

That was five years ago.

*whom I wrote a poem for:
"I like Spike."**

**What? I didn't say it was a good poem. I'm a fish buff, not a poet.
This story makes me cry. How beautiful! (sniff :cry:)

hypatia said:
I'm a sucker for a weeping man, they get me everytime.

Moonbear said:
Me too...not all out bawling, mind you, but if there's a bit of glisten in the eye that they're desperately trying to hide at the end of a movie, awwww...that's just the sweetest thing. :approve:

Evo said:
Why *shouldn't* men weep? Ditto what Moonbear said. If it was a sad movie, of course.

Now, if they cry because the parking lot at the mall is crowded...

Actually, this sounds like a better reason to cry. I really wouldn't have ever thought of crying in a crowded mall parking lot, but if it ends in ... , I'll do it.

wolram said:
WOW, so he won, i am happy it makes you happy, but i never would have thought such a thing could make one cry.

I was born in 1959. In America, the period between 1964 and 1969 were quite tumultuous to be a 4 through 10 year old. First Kennedy, then MLK & Robt Kennedy, then the riots, etc. I never actually interacted with any people of colour until I joined the Navy in 1977. Up until then, they were a figment of Television's imagination, and the picture planted in my head was not pretty.

Since then, I've learned a lot, and have embraced Martin's human embracing speech that people should be judged by their hearts, etc. etc.

I have been waiting for this day for many years.

ps. Didn't I join this thread by saying I always cry when Forrest's braces fall off?

Yes. I'm crying again, in a movie theater parking lot kind of way. :rolleyes:

They let you on a boat with a leaky face Om? I bet you never stopped mopping decks.

at the possibility of not proving another theorem. having marched with mlk jr, obama's victory also moved me.

Hearing about Ivan's kitty made me sad.

17 is a long time to live for any cat

Kitty should be chasing OmCheeto's 27 goldfishes right now. :smile:

Funny, I don't think of Obama as being "black", it's only when I read it or hear it referenced that I am reminded of it.

I only remember it when Silvio Berlusconi tells a joke about it.

I only remember it when he gets elected as the leader of the free world.

Evo said:
Funny, I don't think of Obama as being "black", it's only when I read it or hear it referenced that I am reminded of it.

These last few days, I've been amazed at how much attention the press has given to Obama's race. Like, they didn't notice before he was elected?!?

When I think of President Obama, I think - "Supreme Court! Oh yeah...Supreme Court!"