Why Is My Fourier Transform of a Gaussian Incorrect?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
jaurandt
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
Attached is a personal problem that I spent last night working on for about 2 hours and something is going wrong, I just can not figure it out what. The answer by the big X is what I wound up with but it's obviously not correct. Could someone please guide me through solving this? The starting problem is on the top left, the correct answer is boxed on the top right.
IMG_20190508_120613086~2.jpg
 
Physics news on Phys.org
PeterDonis said:
Please use the PF LaTeX feature to post your equations directly in the thread. Per PF rules, equations should not be posted as images, as that makes it impossible to quote them in replies.

Help on the LaTeX feature can be found here:

https://www.physicsforums.com/help/latexhelp/

Sorry, I will do so from now on. But what's most important to me is the problem for the sake of my sanity...
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: vanhees71