Why is My IMS Setup Failing to Detect TNT with a DC Corona Discharge Ion Source?

  • Thread starter Thread starter matlabma
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 4K views
matlabma
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
I have built an IMS setup to detect explorsives such as RDX,PETN,etc. the setup can have the RDX and PETN spectra even in a much low concentration,but when for TNT detection,it fails to have any spectra.I want to know why?
using a DC corona discharge as an ion source
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
matlabma said:
I have built an IMS setup to detect explorsives such as RDX,PETN,etc. the setup can have the RDX and PETN spectra even in a much low concentration,but when for TNT detection,it fails to have any spectra.I want to know why?
using a DC corona discharge as an ion source
Try searching Google with "Ion mobility spectrometry, IMS, TNT" and check the journal articles that appear.
 
sorry,can not find the reasons,may be,something wrong in the drift tube,something in the tube quenching the ions?
 
Would be nice of you to share the answer for us rabid researchers