Why Is the Perception of College Beauty So Controversial?

  • Thread starter Thread starter robphy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Usa
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
31 replies · 9K views
I think he meant "flak".

A list like that that doesn't include MIT is hard to take seriously.
Yes, thank you. Next time I'll think twice before responding, especially given the little amount of sleep I've gotten lately.

"Hometown pride" and "pessimism"? What are you talking about? What's pessimistic about saying that a certain university should have made the ugliest university list?
Sorry, maybe I should clarify. I just searched "Akron" to see what would come up(study break). Multiple times I found BobG badmouthing what appeared to be his hometown of Akron. I didn't mind that. There's a reason he left the area, and that's not my business. But when he went out of his way to portray the university in a bad light I had to say something.

Maybe what Bob should of told you was that those ugly blue structures are not representative of the whole campus. It's nothing worth a top ten listing, but it certainly doesn't warrant a spot in the "ugliest campuses" list.

I know you guys are all joking(somewhat), but Bob has an attitude similar to the many locals in the Greater Akron area that I never really understood. They are too busy complaining to realize all the good things this city has going for it. Oh well. Atleast Bob had the sense to move instead of sitting around complaining, unlike the rest of the people in this city.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
undrcvrbro said:
Wow, I know I'm going to get slack for bringing up such an old post, but BobG's pessimism and lack of hometown pride is sickening.

I'm not from Akron, but I go to school there now. Bob, no doubt, probably remembers the big ugly commuter campus it used to be. Now, it has over 10,000 students from out of town who call UA home. The school has also invested over $300 million into campus and renovated tons of buildings(new on campus football stadium). I visited OSU and Akron's campus when I was a high school junior, and there is no comparison. There's a reason I chose UA over the bucks.

Bob, please, show some pride for you're hometown. And if you're just going to badmouth the local U, then at least make true statements.

Sorry admins, scold me if needed, but reading this thread and just doing nothing would be like pulling teeth!

Necromancer! Heretic!

The original link is now a 404 anyway. :(