Why is vinegar the ultimate weed killer?

  • Thread starter Thread starter wolram
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
10 replies · 7K views
Physics news on Phys.org
That is awesome.

My wife, apparently being 1/4 insect and 1/4 weed, is highly susceptible to all -icides. She caved and bought some roundup. But I'll try vinegar and maybe we can dispose of the noxious herbicide.
 
I love this use:

Appetite suppressant:
Combine 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar and 1 tablespoon honey in an 8 ounce glass of unsweetened grapefruit juice. Drink 1 glass before each meal.




Heh. Of course, alternate appetite suppressants include:
- syrup of epecac
- diesel fuel
- dirt
 
Yep, it's an excellent laundry aid too, even without baking soda.
 
DaveC426913 said:
I love this use:

Appetite suppressant:
Combine 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar and 1 tablespoon honey in an 8 ounce glass of unsweetened grapefruit juice. Drink 1 glass before each meal.




Heh. Of course, alternate appetite suppressants include:
- syrup of epecac
- diesel fuel
- dirt


Hee! :smile:
 
I love vinegar. I like the taste of white vinegar, in small amounts of course.
 
I can not believe this EGG SUBSTITUTE one, vinegar instead of egg, even i would not try that and i put chili's in cakes.
 
wolram said:
I can not believe this EGG SUBSTITUTE one, vinegar instead of egg, even i would not try that and i put chili's in cakes.

I agree with you on that, Wolram. I'm trying to feature that working well in cake batters and whatnot.
 
Vinegar is good to put on sunburns, I know it sounds weird, but my grandma told me and trust me it works. It takes the burn away and helps with the tanning process, but makes you smell like a salad for a bit. :biggrin:
 
My oldest friend's mother and grandmother were Quakers. They did not drink tea or coffee, but drank cider vinegar and hot water daily. Both lived to ripe old ages. They'd put vinegar in a tea-cup, heat water in a tea-pot and pour it into the vinegar.