Will a 2-pole 75kW motor produce enough torque for a 600 ton winch load?

  • Thread starter Thread starter vsdguy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Motor Vfd
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
vsdguy
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Hi all,

I have a 75kW high load Ac drive and a 75kW 4 pole 3 phase motor that is supposed to be used for a winch pulling horizontaly.

The customer connected the Vfd to a 75kW 2 pole 3 phase motor.

Now the question is will this 2 pole motor be capable to develop enough torque to pull a load of 600 Tons?

The Torque Loads for a 2 pole is 240Nm and for a 4 pole its 480Nm.

Do I have to change the motor (back to a 4 pole)?

Just wanted a second and third opinion from you all.


Kind Regards,

vsdguy
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
If it is already hooked up, couldn't you just try it?
 
I am like a 1000 miles away from the motor and the drive. Customer called that by mistake they received a 2pole instead of a 4 pole. I was just curious if someone ran into a similar experience. The application is for pulling vesels and loads at the worst case scenario 600 tons.
As I mentioned earlier will I have enough torque that will sustain that load.

Any help would be beneficial.

vsdguy