Will PFs be here in 50 yrs time

• Praise
  • Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about the longevity of Physics Forums and if it will still be around in 50 years. One member jokes about it being holographic or a brain implant in the future, while another member expresses their desire to retire to the US and live with another member in their Beverly Hills mansion. It is also mentioned that another member's grandchildren may eventually take over the site.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
I have just signed up for life, what the heck it was only a few quid, what i want to know is will PFs be here in 50 yrs time?:biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
Yes, but it will be holographic or a brain implant (not really kidding) :smile:

Thanks for the support!

Greg Bernhardt said:
Thanks for the support!
Thanks for the forum!

Likes davenn
dlgoff said:
Thanks for the forum!

+1

one of the few things on the net that is worthy to support :)

Dave

Likes dlgoff
I sure hope so! Madam Speaker (aka @Evo) and I will continue to visit this website from our mansion in Beverly Hills, possibly even from a computer in our pods! :P (We've already decided who the pool boy will be.)

Likes Evo
StevieTNZ said:
I sure hope so! Madam Speaker (aka @Evo) and I will continue to visit this website from our mansion in Beverly Hills, possibly even from a computer in our pods! :P (We've already decided who the pool boy will be.)

:frown:You and Evo together, darn it i wanted to retire to the USA to be with Evo, by the way i will be 115yrs old in 50 years:biggrin:

wolram said:
:frown:You and Evo together, darn it i wanted to retire to the USA to be with Evo, by the way i will be 115yrs old in 50 years:biggrin:
Don't worry, you can! By then, you'll be able to live up to 300-400 years old. As long as you don't mind pool boy. :P

(And I'm also waiting for @turbo to start -- of if he has started -- finish my man cave at his place.)

Greg's grandchildren will be running the place.

1. Will the use of PFs still be necessary in 50 years?

It is difficult to predict the future, but it is likely that PFs will still be necessary in some form. However, advancements in technology and renewable energy sources may decrease the reliance on PFs in the future.

2. Will PFs become more environmentally friendly in 50 years?

There is ongoing research and development in creating more environmentally friendly PFs, but it is uncertain how much progress will be made in the next 50 years. It will likely depend on government regulations and consumer demand for sustainable products.

3. How will PFs impact the environment in 50 years?

The impact of PFs on the environment in 50 years will depend on various factors such as advancements in technology, government regulations, and consumer behavior. It is possible that the use of PFs may decrease due to the development of alternative energy sources.

4. Will the production of PFs be more efficient in 50 years?

With advancements in technology and increased demand for efficiency, it is likely that the production of PFs will become more efficient in the next 50 years. This may lead to cost savings and potentially reduce the environmental impact of PF production.

5. How will PFs impact our daily lives in 50 years?

The impact of PFs on daily life in 50 years will depend on various factors such as advancements in technology and government regulations. It is possible that there may be more sustainable and efficient alternatives to PFs, or that PFs may still be heavily used in certain industries.