1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Windows bottom toolbar

1. Apr 8, 2004 #1
    Hello guys :)

I have Windows XP Pro. When I open my Internet Explorer, I don't have my bottom toolbar, the one that shows where a website is leading when you MouseOver.

I feel like a fool for asking, but how can I enable that toolbar? I can't for my life find where to enable it!

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 8, 2004 #2

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

view->status bar

4. Apr 8, 2004 #3
    Sigh... Thank you:)

5. Apr 16, 2004 #4
    Hey man ;)

Sometimes it will stay, and sometimes it doesn't. If I close Explorer with my last window that was open having the status bar, it will stay. But it still goes away. Is there a way to make it more default or something?

6. Apr 18, 2004 #5
    Yes, double-click on "My Computer" so, explorer.exe so it utilises some portion of Windows' Explorer. Now follow:
    Code (Text):
    View -> Status Bar (make sure it is checked)
    Tools -> Folder Options...
    Goto: View (tab)
    Click on "Apply to All Folders"
    OK, then close all windows.

Open IE, make sure Status bar is on.
    Press: Ctrl + N (opens a new IE Windows)
    Close all windows.
    There are many other ways, but I find it useful when Windows registers registry entries by itself. If you dont want to go thru all of the above steps, you could try finding a registry tweak from: http://tweakxp.com

Cheers :)

7. Apr 18, 2004 #6
  8. Apr 18, 2004 #7
    Hey I did the IE thing, Apply to All Folders. That did the trick! Thank you very much Kioria!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?