Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Windows Vista - Internet/Firewall doesn't work

Tags:
  1. Feb 16, 2015 #1
    My sister just came into my room asking for help, when I came to her room she told me that her computer froze and she waited for 20 minutes for it to unstuck but it didn't and she turned it off, when she turned it on her Internet was not working and neither did her Firewall. I tried turning on the internet but it cannot find any network, not even the router which is connected to the computer.

The wi-fi in my home is working just fine for me and for her laptop, but the PC's internet does not work.

When I tried to turn on Firewall it didn't work either.

Anyone know what's going on? Would really appreciate any help I can get.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 16, 2015 #2

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

See, there's your problem, right there. :rolleyes:

4. Feb 16, 2015 #3
    I knooow but somehow my sister really likes it. Don't ask why. I don't know myself but this is a really serious problem.

5. Feb 16, 2015 #4

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Yeah, sorry ... I know it's a serious problem but I just couldn't help myself. Have you looked at the connection settings? Maybe some configuration variable got changed somehow and it's looking for the wrong kind of connection. I don't know anything specific to look for, that's just a suggestion, which you most likely have already tried.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook