Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,779 replies · 459K views
Physics news on Phys.org
gmax137 said:
Wordle 987 5/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›
πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›
πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
hehe. ouch :P

I hate those! :)

EDIT: of course it's better than not getting it at all..
 
Orodruin said:
Such symmetry is to be encouraged!
I thought the whole point was symmetry-breaking. Then again I'm, as you know, an uneducated hack. :)
 
Wordle 988 3/6

πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Careful! I was quite lucky with this game.
The global mean is 4.479 guesses.
Sigma is 1.138, the highest I have ever recorded.
Even Wordlebot needed 5 guesses.
 
Yup

Wordle 988 5/6

🟩🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟨🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Didn’t need to do an informational guess though. Only two possibilities remained after guess 4
 
Wordle 988 3/6*

🟨⬜⬜🟨🟩
🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Here's an example of how not wasting a guess to eliminate possible solutions paid off. I got lucky and scored 3 instead of playing it safe and scoring 4. Reminds me of "laying up" in golf. (I don't play golf, though).
 
Mister T said:
Wordle 988 3/6*

🟨⬜⬜🟨🟩
🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Here's an example of how not wasting a guess to eliminate possible solutions paid off. I got lucky and scored 3 instead of playing it safe and scoring 4. Reminds me of "laying up" in golf. (I don't play golf, though).
I mean, there will always be variance.
 
Wordle 988 2/6

🟧⬜🟧🟧🟧
🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧

Hah! I've using this seed word consistently for more that a year and it paid off today.
 
  • Wow
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: OmCheeto and Herman Trivilino
kuruman said:
Wordle 988 2/6

🟧⬜🟧🟧🟧
🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧

Hah! I've using this seed word consistently for more that a year and it paid off today.
Time to change seed? Or are you going for the 1?
 
Orodruin said:
Time to change seed? Or are you going for the 1?
I already got the 1 which makes me content. I will not change my seed because I have made an investment in devising second choices based on the specific outcomes given this seed.

kuruman said:
Wordle 548 1/6

🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧

Jackpot! There is something to be said about sticking to the same seed word for while.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: sbrothy and Herman Trivilino
kuruman said:
Wordle 988 2/6

🟧⬜🟧🟧🟧
🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧

Hah! I've using this seed word consistently for more that a year and it paid off today.
I've gone through a couple too: "AUDIO", "AUREI", "SQUAT", "SQUAD", but I've settled on "IRATE" as it seems to get the best consistent results. Of course, I don't "obsess" over it as you lot seem to do, with your sigmas, spreadsheets and means and whatnot. Sometimes I suspect your educations did a number on your brains or perhaps you were always a little geeky. I suspect the last. :P

(sbrothy hides a corner.)
 
sbrothy said:
Of course, I don't "obsess" over it as you lot seem to do, with your sigmas, spreadsheets and means and whatnot. Sometimes I suspect your educations did a number on your brains or perhaps you were always a little geeky. I suspect the last. :P
Any human endeavor has its aficionados ##\dots## and then there are the dilettantes.
 
Mister T said:
I've been using AROSE as the seed and if I get no hits I go with FLUID on line 2.
Have you considered UNTIL for the second word? N and T occur with higher frequency than F and D in the remaining candidate words if AROSE draws 5 no hits.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Herman Trivilino