Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,779 replies · 459K views
Physics news on Phys.org
sbrothy said:
Although Im pretty sure Ive seen a plural solution but of course I cant prove it.
My understanding is that plurals are not in the solution database.
 
Wordle 992 3/6

β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›
πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

EDIT
Is this a repeat? I thought we saw this word already.
 
Last edited:
Mister T said:
My understanding is that plurals are not in the solution database.

Oh. OH! Well, I've been wasting a lot of guesses then. Perhaps I should update my geekery. :)
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Herman Trivilino
gmax137 said:
Wordle 992 3/6

β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›
πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

EDIT
Is this a repeat? I thought we saw this word already.
You would have seen me screaming....
Only three words have been off by one letter as solutions: games 112 & 756 & 822
Interestingly, the word seems to be the love child of games 756 & 822, with identical position letters remaining the same and the others swapping.
 
gmax137 said:
Wordle 994 2/6

β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

First try:
SCOPE
so it doesn't end in "E." I thought if it doesn't end in "E" maybe it ends in "ER." So I pencil out "C**ER"

I like to use "H" in my second guess, and if possible, double up a known correct letter (to help figuring out where it does go).

So, I tried "CHEER" and what do you know, got it in two!
 
  • Like
  • Informative
Likes   Reactions: OmCheeto and jack action
I have no idea why I had to go over an obscure word like CHARE.

https://ibb.co/xHvnzVv

Doubly stupid as I already used the A once. Hah, no twice! And in the same position no less. You'd think hard-mode would prevent that, but no.

I think the point is don't try to solve these just before bedtime... :P
 
sbrothy said:
I think the point is don't try to solve these just before bedtime... :P
I usually do the puzzle in the morning.
 
gmax137 said:
I usually do the puzzle in the morning.
Yeah. Good thinking. I have a bad habit of keeping awake till after midnight waiting for the new one. The results generally (as in the last one) speak for themselves. When I do good I'm also rested and fully awake.

What a profound truth I uncovered there. huh? :P

Those of you who teach must really be rolling your eyes. :)
 
sbrothy said:
I think the point is don't try to solve these just before bedtime... :P
I usually do it right when the new one is available. Means doing it right after midnight.
 
gmax137 said:
I'm not really sure when the new one becomes available.
It's been my experience that it is based on the time/date stamp of the device you are using, changing to a new game at midnight. I used to play with that quite a bit a few hundred games back. I don't do it anymore as the last time I tried, it crashed the system, and my 500+ game winning streak was reset to one!

Wordle 995 4/6

πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨
πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩