Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,780 replies · 460K views
kuruman said:
Any human endeavor has its aficionados ##\dots## and then there are the dilettantes.
Touché. :)
 
Physics news on Phys.org
kuruman said:
Have you considered UNTIL for the second word? N and T occur with higher frequency than F and D in the remaining candidate words if AROSE draws 5 no hits.
UNTIL is better than FLUID. What about TULIP?
 
Mister T said:
UNTIL is better than FLUID. What about TULIP?
Good question. Below is a screenshot of my spreadsheet output. It shows the frequencies of letters appearing in the 183 candidates that remain after the letters in AROSE have been filtered out. For each letter, the number occurrences in each position 1-5 is also shown. You can see that P with a total of 46 occurrences is below N which has 64. So UNTIL increases your chances for hits over TULIP albeit not by much. Either choice has the top 3 letters IUL.
Screen Shot 2024-03-04 at 3.11.58 PM.png
 
Wordle 990 X/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
Bad luck today!

Hard mode strikes again!

Edit; That should be a @Mister T quote. Don’t know what happened
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Herman Trivilino
Orodruin said:
Wordle 990 X/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
Bad luck today!

Hard mode strikes again!

Edit; That should be a @Mister T quote. Don’t know what happened
Meaning you were in hard mode by mistake?

Without hard mode I could have won with a 6/6 if I could've come with a word containing
P, B, and H
. Instead I lost.
 
kuruman said:
Good question. Below is a screenshot of my spreadsheet output. It shows the frequencies of letters appearing in the 183 candidates that remain after the letters in AROSE have been filtered out. For each letter, the number occurrences in each position 1-5 is also shown. You can see that P with a total of 46 occurrences is below N which has 64. So UNTIL increases your chances for hits over TULIP albeit not by much. Either choice has the top 3 letters IUL.
View attachment 341270
If I admit to be a dilletante do you admit to be a little geeky? :P

I used to have a programming co-worker who had a Ph.D in statistics. That is the most extreme example of geekery I've ever encountered. Hs wife used to call me ( our desks was right next to each other) and ask me o remind him to pick up his children from kindergarden. He was that focused.
 
kuruman said:
Sure. I revel in my geekiness.
As I revel in my dilletantism :P
 
Mister T said:
Meaning you were in hard mode by mistake?
No, I meant to quote your post. Mine today was 4/6.

Wordle 990 4/6

⬜⬜🟨🟩⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
Orodruin said:
Wordle 990 4/6

⬜⬜🟨🟩⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Speaking of this one - I should have followed my HUNCH here on the third guess …
 
Didn't get the previous one but this ought to make up for it.

Wordle 991 3/6*

⬛🟨🟩🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
sbrothy said:
Didn't get the previous one but this ought to make up for it.

Wordle 991 3/6*

⬛🟨🟩🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Was your second word TEARS? I don't think I have seen a plural as the solution yet.
 
gmax137 said:
Was your second word TEARS? I don't think I have seen a plural as the solution yet.
Yeah but the solution was TEARY

Although Im pretty sure Ive seen a plural solution but of course I cant prove it.
 
sbrothy said:
Yeah but the solution was TEARY

Although Im pretty sure Ive seen a plural solution but of course I cant prove it.
Yeah, you had TEARY as your third, I was wondering what was your second? Looks like it was TEAR*, what else but TEARS?
 
gmax137 said:
Yeah, you had TEARY as your third, I was wondering what was your second? Looks like it was TEAR*, what else but TEARS?
IRATE
TEARS
TEARY