Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,780 replies · 460K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Wordle 1,368 3/6

β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬› SIREN 8 left
β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨ DAVIT 1 left, Om/Orod hybrid method
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 TIMER
 
Wordle 1 369 2/6

πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Finally some luck in the ones where I am basically torn between two equivalent filters! Almost picked ghe other one!
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: edwardII, jack action and OmCheeto
Wordle 1,369 3/6

β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬› CLEAT 73 left
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨ YORPS 1 left, most populous letters of 73 words left
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 SPARK
 
Wordle 1,370 3/6

πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨ ECLAT 12 left
πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ© TAUPE 2 left: HASTE,
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 BASTE

Careful! The global average today is 4.7 so far.
 
Wordle 1,370 5/6

πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ© [ARISE] 28 left
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ© [HASTE] possible answer + filter - 5 left: WASTE PASTE CASTE TASTE BASTE :headbang:
πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨ [SWEPT] filter - 3 left: CASTE TASTE BASTE (Should have used something beginning with T like TWERP. I thought it was between WASTE, PASTE and TASTE.)
πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬› [BENCH] filter - 1 left
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 [BASTE]

I just realized I forgot to filter out past answers. If I had, I would have had it in four with ARISE (8 left), VALET (4 left), CHIRP (1 left), and BASTE. At least I was right about WASTE and TASTE being the most probable solutions since they were already selected!
 
Wordle 1,371 3/6

β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ© [ARISE] 29 left
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨ [CLUNG] filter - 1 left
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 [NUDGE]

It is interesting to see the difference where my filter uses a word containing the most popular letters in the word set (from any possible word) compared with the choice from @Orodruin where his method limits itself to the word set.

I've been thinking about going to his method, but I'm not quite ready to throw mine away yet.
 
jack action said:
It is interesting to see the difference where my filter uses a word containing the most popular letters in the word set (from any possible word) compared with the choice from @Orodruin where his method limits itself to the word set
It would be interesting to compare the statistics. After 2 months I basically have half 3s, one third 4s, and one sixth 2s. No 1s, 5s, or 6s (that were due to the method, there were a couple of 5s due to human error)
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: jack action and OmCheeto
Wordle 1 372 2/6

πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

No perfect filter available. AMBLE or ANKLE would both leave a single degeneracy of two words at most.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: edwardII, jack action and OmCheeto
Wordle 1,372 3/6

πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ© [ARISE] 7 left: ABODE ALGAE AMAZE AMBLE ANGLE ANKLE AWOKE
πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ© [ANGLE] possible answer + filter - 1 left
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 [AMBLE]

Orodruin said:
No perfect filter available. AMBLE or ANKLE would both leave a single degeneracy of two words at most.
Funny, I selected ANGLE because it left only ABODE, AMAZE, and AWOKE, which weren't among my preferred possible answers.
 
Wordle 1,373 3/6

πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬› PERIL 8 left
β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨ SPEED 1 left, Orodruin method
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 DOPEY

[Late edit: Oops! I accidentally transcribed Wordlebots 2nd guess, SPLIT, into the above list. Now fixed.]
 
Last edited:
Wordle 1,373 5/6

β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨ [ARISE] 54 left
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ© [NOBLY] filter - 3 left: COVEY DOPEY GOOEY
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ© [COVEY] most probable - 2 left
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ© [GOOEY] most probable - 1 left
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 [DOPEY]

Big fail for the most-probable method here.

most-probable method count update (Success/Fail): 67/38 - 63.8%/36.2%
 
Orodruin said:
Wordle 1 373 4/6

β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨
β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
For your 2nd guess, did you go with FELON because your were feeling like a criminal?
According to my copy of your spreadsheet, it was number 4 on the list of most logical guesses.

Also wondering if I'm the only person who spends WAY too much time working on Wordle logic such that I can figure out intermediate guesses, given the solution and first guess?
 
Wordle 1,374 3/6

β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬› PLIER 35 left
β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬› FATSO 4 left: ANGLE, LEACH, ANKLE, LEGAL
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ANGLE Eyeballed as the only one that guaranteed the game in 4.
 
Wordle 1 374 3/6

πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩


OmCheeto said:
For your 2nd guess, did you go with FELON because your were feeling like a criminal?
According to my copy of your spreadsheet, it was number 4 on the list of most logical guesses.
I do not blindly apply the results of the sheet. If the scores are not significantly different I will instead go for a word I feel more likely to be the solution. ( … which I should have done today - I would have had it in 2 instead!)