Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,782 replies · 460K views
Orodruin said:
So what? I don’t play to be impressive. I play to see how far you can push it using math and logic.
I am not accusuing of anything. All i am saying is that i was very impressed. Now a bit less.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
martinbn said:
Wait, one is supposed to know what's already been on and what's on the NYT list!

Also getting it with three guesses if you are using aids is not so impressive anymore.
Hi @martinbn ! I see you are new to this thread. Most of the posters here have developed programs or spreadsheets to solve the puzzles. There are three lists out there on the internet: permissible words*, words that will be solutions (a subset of the permissible words), and words that have been "used" (previous solutions. The total number of permissible and solution words is also known (if you look).

The programs use these lists and user-specific methods to solve each puzzle.

Other posters here do not use the lists, and solve the puzzles using our wits and knowledge of english word construction. Now that the game has reached puzzle 1376 (out of some 2300 solution words), the programs are crushing it and those of us who play by our wits are quickly losing ground (mostly by wasting guesses on words already used).

But as @Orodruin points out, each player plays the way they find most enjoyable!

EDIT: Oh, and once in a while I still get it in two!

EDIT2: *if you type in a word not on the permissible list, Wordle will tell you that's not an allowed guess.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: edwardII and OmCheeto
gmax137 said:
Now that the game has reached puzzle 1376 (out of some 2300 solution words)...
Actually, according to the NYT, there are now 3200 solution words, although the added 900 words have not yet come into regular play. But one of these days...

I've managed to collect only about 120 of them via Wordlebot's post game analysis of my daily play. Here are the last 10 added:

discovery game#word
1331​
boson
1332​
hoody
1339​
atria
1341​
malty
1343​
clime
1365​
latke
1366​
staph
1372​
addle
1375​
whelk
1375​
loess

That might make an interesting puzzle to dissect my data to figure out the other 800. Pretty sure I'd give myself another stroke if I tried that.
 
Wordle 1,378 5/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟨⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜⬜🟨⬜🟩
🟨⬜⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

#GuessTheGame #1049
🎮 🟥 🟨 🟨 🟩 ⬜ ⬜
🕹️#EliteGuesser🕹️
[Spam link deleted by the Mentors]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
jack action said:
Wordle 1,378 3/6

⬛🟨⬛🟩🟩 [ARISE] 5 left: CURSE NURSE PURSE REUSE VERSE
⬛⬛🟩🟩🟩 [PURSE] possible answer + filter - 1 left
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 [VERSE]

@Orodruin : Are we twinsies? Or did you pick a different -URSE word?
It was between NURSE and PURSE, but I chose NURSE.
 
Hmm looks like the front half of a cyber truck. :smile:

Wordle 1,379 3/6

⬜⬜🟩🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟩⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
Wordle 1,380 4/6

🟨⬛⬛⬛⬛ [ARISE] 62 left
🟨⬛🟨⬛⬛ [OCTYL] filter - 3 left: QUOTA TANGO TONGA
🟨🟨⬛⬛🟨 [TANGO] most probable - 1 left
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 [QUOTA]

most-probable method count update (Success/Fail): 70/39 - 64.2%/35.8%
 
Not being very stable lately. I know.

Wordle 1,380 4/6*

🟨🟩⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟩⬛🟩🟩
🟨🟩⬛🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Screenshot from 2025-03-30 20-30-57.png
 
dwarde said:
Wordle 1,380 5/6

🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟨🟨⬜
🟨🟨⬜🟨⬜
🟨⬜🟩🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Sorry to laugh, but your play reminds me of the article I mentioned a few days ago where they used the phrase "It’s like linguistic whack-a-mole"; mentioned more than once here at the pforum.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: edwardII and sbrothy
OmCheeto said:
Sorry to laugh, but your play reminds me of the article I mentioned a few days ago where they used the phrase "It’s like linguistic whack-a-mole"; mentioned more than once here at the pforum.
That is actually a very good description of my strategy. I use as many words and letters as possible.:smile:
 
Wow, close call. Also I effed up. Lost concentration:

Wordle 1,381 6/6*

⬛⬛⬛🟩⬛
⬛⬛⬛🟩⬛
⬛🟩⬛🟩🟨
⬛🟩🟩🟩⬛
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Screenshot from 2025-03-31 12-30-32.png
 
Wordle 1 381 3/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ ARISE, obviously
⬛🟩⬛🟩⬛ MOUTH. Best filter based on EER. Left only 1.
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: jack action and edwardII