Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,778 replies · 458K views
Physics news on Phys.org
gmax137 said:
Is there a list of the played/unplayed solutions?
Yes, but....
At 1656, does that mean the Worlde ends in 4 1/2 years? :wink:
Well, you never know, but Wordle might end in 4 1/2 years if they don't add words. There are indications that this is happening. Game #646's solution, GUANO, was not in the original list. Also, Wordlebot's analysis of my play today said that there were 7 words left after my first guess, but my list only shows 5 words, with one of those having already been a solution.

Wordle 655 3/6

🟩🟩⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
  • Like
  • Informative
Likes   Reactions: gmax137 and scottdave
Reminds me of the old saying, "Some people don't know ....".
 
Foxnews has an online crossword puzzle which had me cheating a little (non-native English speaker etc) which made it clear that my understanding of the language is worse than I expected. Searching for a 4-letter word for "military student" I looked up synonyms for "cadet" and was rewarded with:

"Synonyms of cadet
cadet

noun
Definition of cadet
slang
as in pimp

a man who solicits clients for a woman who is willing to engage in sexual activities for money the hooker claims she turned all her dough in to her cadet last night[...]"

---- https://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/cadet#thesaurus-entry-1-1

Problem solved?
 
Surprisingly, the Urban Dictionary doesn't have the nuanced Merriam-Webster meaning. To the Brits: Is this Brit slang?

Here is an alternate reality
https://www.thesaurus.com/browse/cadet
Hooray for the internet as a source of information!
Here is what I think the answer is ROTC. If that is correct, I don't think that it is a good fit with the clue "Military student".
 
sbrothy said:
noun
Definition of cadet
slang
as in pimp
I'm British and I've never heard of that meaning before.
 
kuruman said:
Surprisingly, the Urban Dictionary doesn't have the nuanced Merriam-Webster meaning. To the Brits: Is this Brit slang?

Here is an alternate reality
https://www.thesaurus.com/browse/cadet
Hooray for the internet as a source of information!
Here is what I think the answer is ROTC. If that is correct, I don't think that it is a good fit with the clue "Military student".
Yeah, I also decided to keep looking. Should I ever find myself in the US,man could I get into trouble showing off my masterly understanding of the nuances of English slang. :)

"Hey pimp? Do you have a fag?" :P
 
Wordle 657 5/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜🟩⬜⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

It seems I have to do something stupid everytime. I should do this in the morning instead of as my bedtime ritual. It's 00:37 here. I'll try that next time.

Also, my seed words could be better (ASHED this time) but I believe firmly in chaos. :)

I felt FOCUSed this time but not enough.
 
Wordle 657 4/6

⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟨⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I forgot to play yesterday, so my streak is back to 1. I tried changing timezones on my phone, but couldn't find the equivalent of AOE (Anywhere On Earth - next to the Dateline)
 
scottdave said:
Wordle 657 4/6

⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟨⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I forgot to play yesterday, so my streak is back to 1. I tried changing timezones on my phone, but couldn't find the equivalent of AOE (Anywhere On Earth - next to the Dateline)
I thought that I heard that you just need to change the date on your phone.
 
Wordle 658 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Saved it this time. In spite of evening scatterbrain.
 
OMG, I have no explanation for this:

Wordle 657 2/6

🟨⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: sbrothy, OmCheeto and fresh_42
Do you people keep track of the words that have been used?

Edit: I seem to remember an earlier post discussing this. (Trying to assess your geek-level here. What I'm "up against" :)
 
Last edited: