Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,778 replies · 458K views
Physics news on Phys.org
sbrothy said:
Wordle 661 5/6

🟨🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Ouch
Yes, but that was a German word (either an emigrant or a parallel development). And a very common one (in German), too. This is something I simply do not expect.
 
Wordle 662 5/6

🟨⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Process of elimination. Even had to look up the word.
 
Wordle 662 4/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜🟩🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I "saw" what turned out to be the answer after my second word, but thought, "no that can't be right" so I entered another choice. D'oh.
 
gmax137 said:
Wordle 662 4/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜🟩🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I "saw" what turned out to be the answer after my second word, but thought, "no that can't be right" so I entered another choice. D'oh.
They had solutions I didn't even consider a word. I am happy that they at least forego plural "s".
 
fresh_42 said:
I am happy that they at least forego plural "s".
Oh, is that true? I wondered as I typed in my guess #2.
 
gmax137 said:
Oh, is that true? I wondered as I typed in my guess #2.
I think it's true. One can neve know, but I don't remember an example like "lives".

They use the adverb "or diminutive "y", however. An earl can become an early.
 
Wordle 663 4/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟩⬜🟨🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩EDIT:
I was trying out https://wordlegame.org/ where you can select how may letters should be in the word (up to 11). Suddenly this didn't look so hard. Not that I did much better though....

Also my current streak is down to 4 but I don't remember either forgetting one or failing one but I guess I must have....
 
Wordle 663 3/6

⬜⬜🟦🟦⬜
🟧⬜⬜⬜🟧
🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧

A couple of (maybe related) observations:
1. In 3 days we will have puzzle number 666.
2. BEAST is a 5-letter word.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: scottdave and gmax137
Wordle 664 6/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟩⬜
🟩⬜⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟨⬜🟩⬜
🟩⬜⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Man talk about under performing. Last time I do it in the evening. It wasn't even that hard. Or at least it shouldn't have been.
 
Wordle 664 4/6

⬜⬜🟩🟩⬜ 2
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩 3
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩 4
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 5

Getting there letter by letter.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: scottdave and sbrothy
DrGreg said:
Wordle 664 4/6

⬜⬜🟩🟩⬜ 2
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩 3
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩 4
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 5

Getting there letter by letter.
Very systematic :)
 
Wordle 664 3/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I have started using "random" starter guess words, just whatever strikes my fancy, instead of using something like AUDIO over and over again. This one, I used NASTY.

EDIT "random" isn't correct, I like words rich in the popular consonants.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: scottdave and sbrothy
gmax137 said:
Wordle 664 3/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I have started using "random" starter guess words, just whatever strikes my fancy, instead of using something like AUDIO over and over again. This one, I used NASTY.

EDIT "random" isn't correct, I like words rich in the popular consonants.
I've been doing that the whole time. With a few favorites. like "AUDIO" and "QUART".

"NASTY" is a good one though :P

"QUERY", "WEARY", etc
 
Wordle 664 5/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩⬜🟨
⬜⬜🟩🟨🟨
🟩⬜🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I just can't wait till morning. Then again it's a good excuse. Or not.