Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,780 replies · 460K views
Physics news on Phys.org
gmax137 said:
Wordle 858 5/6

⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛
🟩⬛⬛⬛🟩
🟩⬛⬛⬛🟩
🟩⬛⬛⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 whew!

I thought the same. I, too, definitely wanted to retry that one.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: sbrothy and gmax137
gmax137 said:
maybe there's your problem, there? :cool:
There have been no NY Times Wordle solutions ending O in at least the last week. Yet my attempt that day clearly showed O as the last letter of the solution. So something is amiss.
 
Mister T said:
There have been no NY Times Wordle solutions ending O in at least the last week. Yet my attempt that day clearly showed O as the last letter of the solution. So something is amiss.
Does the 'T' in your name stand for 'Time Traveler'?
On October 24th you claimed that 'yesterday was August 23rd'.
The Wordle solution for August 23rd was 'VERVE' and the solution on October 23rd was 'TEMPO'.
So the only thing amiss, as far as I can tell, is when you think you are.

ps. Halloween is in 5 days!
 
OmCheeto said:
Does the 'T' in your name stand for 'Time Traveler'?
On October 24th you claimed that 'yesterday was August 23rd'.
The Wordle solution for August 23rd was 'VERVE' and the solution on October 23rd was 'TEMPO'.
So the only thing amiss, as far as I can tell, is when you think you are.

ps. Halloween is in 5 days!
Fun fact: The Wordle solution on the day the above happened, Oct. 24th, had been: CAUSE. And AMISS was on August 17th! Maybe there is more to that time travel thing than we dare to believe.
 
OmCheeto said:
The Wordle solution for August 23rd was 'VERVE' and the solution on October 23rd was 'TEMPO'.
Oops. Never mind. I need a new brain. 😀 Thanks.
 
Wordle 859 4/6*

⬛🟨⬛🟨⬛
⬛🟩⬛🟩⬛
🟩🟩⬛🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Hard one for me.
Piqued my interest though :)
.
 
Wordle 860 2/6

🟨🟩⬛🟨⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

EDIT: a Lucky first word, "LOSER" ha ha
 
Last edited:
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: fresh_42 and OmCheeto
gmax137 said:
Stupidly tried a word that's missing the "N" from word two
It should be noted that it is not necessarily stupid to omit lettters you know are in the word. Many times it can give more information, allowing you to guarantee a solve where strictly keeping all known letters would not. This is why I don’t like ”hard” mode. It can happen that actually getting letters (which should be positive) reduce your freedom of guessing - making it impossible to guarantee a solution where you would otherwise be able to.
 
Orodruin said:
It should be noted that it is not necessarily stupid to omit lettters you know are in the word. Many times it can give more information, allowing you to guarantee a solve where strictly keeping all known letters would not. This is why I don’t like ”hard” mode. It can happen that actually getting letters (which should be positive) reduce your freedom of guessing - making it impossible to guarantee a solution where you would otherwise be able to.
Yes, and it would be a fantastic test to determine the personal risk aversion function (##\sigma (\mu)##). You give up a try, i.e. reduce ##\sigma ## to the expense of ##\mu.##
 
Orodruin said:
It should be noted ...
Yes, I agree. But I have self-imposed the "hard" rules on myself. In this case, my third word leapt out at me, I thought, "oh I know, it is BASIC" and typed it in, not realizing I was not following my own rule. That's what made it stupid, lol.

Finding that incorrect did, as you say, eliminate B, I, and C from consideration. My approach was then to try "NAS--", "-ASN-", and "-AS-N" by mentally going A, B, C,... in the first blank. MASON came up pretty quick for me this way.

I think it is interesting to find out how other people do these puzzles.