Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,780 replies · 460K views
Third constellation in a row of the mean kind! I had grain, they had grail, I had three different 'eak's and they had a fourth, and now again! :mad:👿:mad:

Wordle 865 3/6

⬜⬜🟨🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Wordle 865 2/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
  • Like
  • Wow
Likes   Reactions: Herman Trivilino, sbrothy and Borg
sbrothy said:
Impressive (or lucky?)!
Mostly luck, and bit of technology.
Today's word was the 17th most popular seed word and 0.7% of the global players got it on the first try.
I had it ranked #12 on my list of best potential seed words, though due to a technicality, it was not on my active list.
Now my seed word, although I rank it at #68, was ranked #837 by global player usage. It set me up by leaving the solution as the only word with the top 5 letters by count contained in my 73 choices remaining. Although that may all sound very smart, I still consider it 99% luck that I got it in two, as the solution could have just as easily been any of the other 72 words on the list, in which case I'd have gotten it in 3 or 4 guesses like everyone else.
 
gmax137 said:
Wordle 868 5/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛🟨
⬛⬛🟨🟨⬛
🟨🟩⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I was glad to get this in 5
I even used a word I knew it had been used before only to narrow it down.
 
If I hadn't already used "C" in my third word, I would have scored a 6 rather than a 5. Lucky.
 
fresh_42 said:
Wordle 869 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟨🟨🟨⬜
🟩🟨🟨🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Now that would take some 12th level Ninja algorithm solving skills to figure out what words that pattern eliminates.
 
OmCheeto said:
Now that would take some 12th level Ninja algorithm solving skills to figure out what words that pattern eliminates.
Don't forget that I do not carry the bourbon of assessing words according to their linguistic relevance. All words are equally valid in my setup. That regularly leads to guesses a native speaker never would have made. Number three in this case.

(The error was intended.)
 
Wordle 869 2/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I have no idea how I did that.
Might have been the bourbon.

ps. My non-bourbonized analysis of your initial pattern said that I was initially left with ≈400 words.
 
  • Wow
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: Herman Trivilino and fresh_42