Work Done by F from Po to P1 -90Nm

  • Thread starter Thread starter graycolor
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Vectors Work
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
graycolor
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
A constant force F = -7i - 6j - 9k moves an object along a straight line from point (-3, 3, -3) to point (-3, 0, 5).

Find the work done if the distance is measured in meters and the magnitude of the force is measured in Newtons.

So basically I know I need to do a dot product of F with the vector between the two points, but I keep doing my math wrong.

Vector between points let's call them Po (-3,3,-3) and P1 (-3,0,5)
I found to be (0,-3,8)

So I then did the dot product between F and the Vector between Po and P1
I got -90, but my answer is wrong?
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org


Ahah a foolish negative mistake thanks for looking guys, but I found the answer