1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Workinp in principle company like GE,Philips,Siemens

1. Oct 23, 2009 #1
    Hello all,

I am a feresher biomedical engineer, and I really wish to work at healthcare department of a company like GE, Siemense,..etc.
    I need to know what is the criteria for the principle company like GE to hire people in asia?
    what level of education(bachelore or master degree) or experiense they based on? where should I reach that give me the most posibility?

looking forward for your advices, please!!

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 26, 2009 #2
    please, :cry:
    I need some body to reply me, or if there is any other forum that I can find answer to this specific question, please?:uhh:

4. Oct 26, 2009 #3
    What type of job are you looking for? These companies have people doing every sort of job.

5. Oct 26, 2009 #4
    Jobs in healthcare group like:
    medical equipment application or anyother one which is related to medical equipment!

better to say, since I am a feresher in biomedical engineering I dont have enough information about the jobs could applied for this field!

6. Oct 26, 2009 #5
    I recommend an internet search, especially of the company's own websites. For GE see:

http://www.ge.com/careers/job_search.html
    http://www.ge.com/research/grc_6.html [Broken]

An engineering degree will also potentially qualify you for ANY of the undergraduate leadership programs, all of which exist in healthcare (technical sales, operations management, engineering, finance, IT).

http://www.ge.com/careers/students/undergraduate.html

Try to find an engineering internship at one of these companies or even a smaller supplier in the field ASAP, starting now. GE, at least, likes to get interns early on in the "Early Identification" program. Internship experience is essentially a requirement for getting a job at a large company in manufacturing and mostly also in engineering.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  7. Oct 26, 2009 #6
    You should also get with your career services office asap and work on a resume. Ask professors if they know any former students who are working in these companies and see if you can contact them. Ask them about their career paths and what they recommend. Practice your approach with career services and have a resume ready before contacting any alumni.

As a freshman you may not have anything on your resume, but put it together and think about what you want it to say as you progress through college. You will also need it for internships. Keep it to one page if these are your target companies, especially if you are applying to anything except straight engineering. Engineers may not mind the second page as much, but you'll have to get past corporate HR first.

8. Oct 26, 2009 #7
    Thanks for reply!:smile:
    Is it possible to know what is ASAP stand for?:shy:

9. Oct 26, 2009 #8
    As soon as possible. Sorry :smile:.

10. Oct 26, 2009 #9

turbo

Gold Member

To the OP - if you are truly interested in a career in a multi-national company, visit their web sites and look for job-postings. They don't want to waste their time or yours poring over applications, so they are generally pretty specific about the minimum requirements for each position, as well as desirable traits like independence, creativity, etc. Here's an example. Click on a few of the job postings to get a feel for them. You can print out the requirements of jobs that might interest you, and speak with your academic advisor about tailoring a curriculum to help you qualify for the job(s). Good luck

http://www.ge.com/research/grc_6.html [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  11. Oct 26, 2009 #10
    Hello friends,

all your advices is really helpful,Thanks alot!
    But I should let you know since I am living in United Arab Emirate/Dubai I didnt find that GE internship is possible? All principle company in here seems to be the same and entering such company has other criteria which I also dont know about?

Is it possible to help me with that please?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook