Workinp in principle company like GE,Philips,Siemens

In summary: I want to be a biomedical engineer and work in a company like GE!:sad:It is difficult to say for certain, but it sounds like you would need to relocate to a country like the US or Canada in order to pursue a career in a company like GE. Some of the larger companies in the healthcare industry, like GE, Siemens, and Philips, may be willing to consider foreign-trained engineers on a case-by-case basis, but it is typically easier to obtain a career in this field if you have a degree in engineering. Depending on your level of education and experience, you may be able to find a position in a biomedical engineering department as a research engineer, engineer, or manager. Good luck!
setareh79
Hello all,

I am a feresher biomedical engineer, and I really wish to work at healthcare department of a company like GE, Siemense,..etc.
I need to know what is the criteria for the principle company like GE to hire people in asia?
what level of education(bachelore or master degree) or experiense they based on? where should I reach that give me the most posibility?

looking forward for your advices, please!

Physics news on Phys.org
please, :cry:
I need some body to reply me, or if there is any other forum that I can find answer to this specific question, please?:uhh:

What type of job are you looking for? These companies have people doing every sort of job.

Jobs in healthcare group like:
medical equipment application or anyother one which is related to medical equipment!

better to say, since I am a feresher in biomedical engineering I don't have enough information about the jobs could applied for this field!

setareh79 said:
Jobs in healthcare group like:
medical equipment application or anyother one which is related to medical equipment!

better to say, since I am a feresher in biomedical engineering I don't have enough information about the jobs could applied for this field!

I recommend an internet search, especially of the company's own websites. For GE see:

http://www.ge.com/careers/job_search.html
http://www.ge.com/research/grc_6.html

An engineering degree will also potentially qualify you for ANY of the undergraduate leadership programs, all of which exist in healthcare (technical sales, operations management, engineering, finance, IT).

http://www.ge.com/careers/students/undergraduate.html

Try to find an engineering internship at one of these companies or even a smaller supplier in the field ASAP, starting now. GE, at least, likes to get interns early on in the "Early Identification" program. Internship experience is essentially a requirement for getting a job at a large company in manufacturing and mostly also in engineering.

Last edited by a moderator:
You should also get with your career services office asap and work on a resume. Ask professors if they know any former students who are working in these companies and see if you can contact them. Ask them about their career paths and what they recommend. Practice your approach with career services and have a resume ready before contacting any alumni.

As a freshman you may not have anything on your resume, but put it together and think about what you want it to say as you progress through college. You will also need it for internships. Keep it to one page if these are your target companies, especially if you are applying to anything except straight engineering. Engineers may not mind the second page as much, but you'll have to get past corporate HR first.

Thanks for reply!:smile:
Is it possible to know what is ASAP stand for?:shy:

setareh79 said:
Thanks for reply!:smile:
Is it possible to know what is ASAP stand for?:shy:

As soon as possible. Sorry :smile:.

To the OP - if you are truly interested in a career in a multi-national company, visit their web sites and look for job-postings. They don't want to waste their time or yours poring over applications, so they are generally pretty specific about the minimum requirements for each position, as well as desirable traits like independence, creativity, etc. Here's an example. Click on a few of the job postings to get a feel for them. You can print out the requirements of jobs that might interest you, and speak with your academic advisor about tailoring a curriculum to help you qualify for the job(s). Good luck

http://www.ge.com/research/grc_6.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello friends,

all your advices is really helpful,Thanks alot!
But I should let you know since I am living in United Arab Emirate/Dubai I didnt find that GE internship is possible? All principle company in here seems to be the same and entering such company has other criteria which I also don't know about?

Is it possible to help me with that please?

1. What kind of job opportunities are available at companies like GE, Philips, and Siemens?

These companies offer a wide range of job opportunities in various fields such as engineering, technology, research and development, supply chain management, marketing, and finance.

2. What skills and qualifications are required to work at these companies?

The specific skills and qualifications vary depending on the job role, but in general, a strong background in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) fields, as well as experience in the industry, are highly valued at these companies.

3. What is the work culture like at these companies?

The work culture at these companies is typically fast-paced, innovative, and collaborative. There is a strong emphasis on continuous learning and development, as well as diversity and inclusion.

4. Are there opportunities for career growth and advancement at these companies?

Yes, these companies offer various programs and initiatives for career growth and advancement, such as leadership development programs, mentorship opportunities, and internal job postings.

5. How do these companies prioritize sustainability and social responsibility?

All three companies have a strong focus on sustainability and social responsibility. They have implemented various initiatives to reduce their environmental impact and support their local communities. They also have strict ethical standards and policies in place to ensure responsible business practices.