Writing out MHz Band and the kHz Band?

In summary, the frequency on a shortwave radio may be written as 6050 kHz. This is not in kHz, but in kilohertz.
biferi
I need some help with FREQ. on the MHz Band and the kHz Band?

If I am on a Radio that displays the FREQ
909.5 MHz
I know I would write this out as
909,500,000 Hz
and this is
9 Hundred and 9 Thousand 5 Million Herts

Am I right?

Engineering news on Phys.org
as far as i know typical fm is in MHZ ( 87 - 105 or something don't know exactly). So, 909.5Mhz on radio seems wrong. are you sure its not 90.9 Mhz. AM works in hundreds kilo hertz range

in any case: 909.5Mhz => 909.5 x 10^6
Mega: 10^6 kilo: 10^3

hope this helps,
utkarsh

OK let me ask this way.

An FM station of
NJ 101.5 FM I have it on every Day.

So would I write it out as 1,015,000 Hz

biferi said:
I need some help with FREQ. on the MHz Band and the kHz Band?

If I am on a Radio that displays the FREQ
909.5 MHz
I know I would write this out as
909,500,000 Hz
and this is
9 Hundred and 9 Thousand 5 Million Herts

Am I right?

No that is not how to write it, it should be 9 hundred and 9 million, 5 hundred thousand.

In any achemic situation it would always be better to use the MHz notation. Just to avoid the errors in your verbal effort.

yes 101,500,000Hz is a correct expression of 101.5MHz but why bother?

OK I undersstand now.

Now I am on a Shortwave Radio and the display says
6050 kHz
now my Radio shows no Point because this is showing me in kHz I get this.

But would I be right that they are not showing me the Point just to make it easy for the user but if we write it out we will write
6050,000 kHz,

biferi said:
OK I undersstand now.

Now I am on a Shortwave Radio and the display says
6050 kHz
now my Radio shows no Point because this is showing me in kHz I get this.

But would I be right that they are not showing me the Point just to make it easy for the user but if we write it out we will write
6050,000 kHz,

No. It would be 6,050,000 Hertz. NOT KHz.

biferi, May I suggest that you study "SI units" (International System of Units), also known as “metric prefixes”? The metric measurements are all in decimal form, and are used very consistently from one parameter to another. (Parameters are things that you measure, such as: length, mass, charge, density, heat, temperature, frequency, etc.) I recommend you memorize them and avoid confusion forever afterwards.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metric_prefix

1. What is the difference between MHz and kHz bands?

The main difference between MHz and kHz bands is the frequency range they cover. MHz stands for megahertz, which is equal to one million hertz, while kHz stands for kilohertz, which is equal to one thousand hertz. This means that MHz bands cover a much wider frequency range than kHz bands.

2. How do you write out MHz and kHz bands?

MHz and kHz bands are typically written out using a combination of numbers and abbreviations. For example, if the frequency range is 5 MHz, it would be written as "5 MHz" with a space in between. If the frequency range is 10 kHz, it would be written as "10 kHz". It is important to include the unit of measurement (MHz or kHz) to avoid confusion.

3. What is the purpose of using MHz and kHz bands?

MHz and kHz bands are used to describe the frequency range of electromagnetic waves, such as radio waves, microwaves, and light waves. They are used in various applications, including radio and television broadcasting, telecommunications, and scientific research. These bands allow for precise communication and transmission of information through different frequencies.

4. How are MHz and kHz bands related?

MHz and kHz bands are related in that they both measure frequencies, but at different scales. As mentioned earlier, MHz is equal to one million hertz, while kHz is equal to one thousand hertz. This means that 1 MHz is equal to 1000 kHz. In other words, the MHz band encompasses a larger range of frequencies than the kHz band.

5. What are some common examples of devices that use MHz and kHz bands?

Some common examples of devices that use MHz and kHz bands include radios, cell phones, Wi-Fi routers, and televisions. These devices use specific MHz and kHz bands to transmit and receive signals for communication and media streaming. In addition, scientific instruments such as spectrometers and oscilloscopes also use these bands to measure and analyze frequencies.