Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Writing shear and moment equations for a simple beam problem?

1. Feb 22, 2012 #1
    I am trying to write shear and moment equations in mathcad for a simple beam problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 22, 2012 #2
    Im generating a spreadsheet in mathcad to do simple beam problems. Having trouble doing the integrals.

4. Feb 23, 2012 #3

OldEngr63

Gold Member

You shear and moment diagrams look OK, so it is not obvious that there is a problem. Why do you think that there is one?

5. Feb 24, 2012 #4
    I am trying to write out the shear and moment equations for the beam in mathcad. The attached figure was from Beampro (an analysis software).

6. Feb 24, 2012 #5

OldEngr63

Gold Member

You are going to have to write them piece-wise. Don't expect to find a single expression valid everywhere.

7. Feb 24, 2012 #6
    I know ill have to piece-wise them, but any idea how to set up the eqns in mathcad? The integrals.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook