1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Writing shear and moment equations for a simple beam problem?

1. Feb 22, 2012 #1
    I am trying to write shear and moment equations in mathcad for a simple beam problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 22, 2012 #2
    Im generating a spreadsheet in mathcad to do simple beam problems. Having trouble doing the integrals.

4. Feb 23, 2012 #3

OldEngr63

Gold Member

You shear and moment diagrams look OK, so it is not obvious that there is a problem. Why do you think that there is one?

5. Feb 24, 2012 #4
    I am trying to write out the shear and moment equations for the beam in mathcad. The attached figure was from Beampro (an analysis software).

6. Feb 24, 2012 #5

OldEngr63

Gold Member

You are going to have to write them piece-wise. Don't expect to find a single expression valid everywhere.

7. Feb 24, 2012 #6
    I know ill have to piece-wise them, but any idea how to set up the eqns in mathcad? The integrals.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook