Xilinx software to sketch AND and OR gates

1. 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    In the Xilinx software symbol library (student edition version 10.1), the maximum number of inputs for AND and OR gates is 9. What would you do if a 10-input AND and OR gates are needed? Draw the schematic diagrams and show the connections.

2. Relevant equations
    (a1+a2+....+a10)=(a1+a2+....+a9) +a10

Boolean Equations:
    AND: multiply each input = output
    OR: add each input = output

3. The attempt at a solution
    Put the AND operations to 9 AND input and then pass the output to the two inputs with another input as a10.

Similar thing can be done to OR gates.

I have attached my attempt sketch. It looks like I have 11 inputs in total and I need 10. How can I sketch the connections of the 10-input gates?

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Xilinx ISE has a notation for something we might call a "bus". It is a name follow by an interval specifier. See the example below.

[​IMG]

4. So you could label each dangling wire, and then connect all ten wires together to a bus named "a(9:0)" just as the bus "Avail(3:0)" picture above.

5. I think I need to take two 5-input AND gates and connect the 10-inputs. Then take 1 2-input AND gate and connect output of two gates to the input of gate. Will the whole system function as a 10 input AND gate?

How do I represent that? I've attached my attempt

Attached Files:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share a link to this question via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook