Yes, I meant c>0. Thank you for clarifying!

  • Thread starter Thread starter peripatein
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Divergence
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
peripatein
Messages
868
Reaction score
0
Hi,
How may I show that 2^(n^2)/n! converges to infinity?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
peripatein said:
Hi,
How may I show that 2^(n^2)/n! converges to infinity?

That is SO divergent you can afford to be pretty sloppy. 2^(n^2)/n!>2^(n^2)/n^n, right? So show 2^(n^2)/n^n diverges. Hint: look at the log.
 
Would it be correct to say that if for sequences a_n and b_n, lim a_n = infinity and |b_n|< c < infinity, then lim|a_n*b_n| = infinity?
(I think it should be correct, as we may infer that lim |bn| = c and then the limit of the product of a_n and b_n would yield c*infinity which is always infinity.)
 
peripatein said:
Would it be correct to say that if for sequences a_n and b_n, lim a_n = infinity and |b_n|< c < infinity, then lim|a_n*b_n| = infinity?
(I think it should be correct, as we may infer that lim |bn| = c and then the limit of the product of a_n and b_n would yield c*infinity which is always infinity.)

If you mean lim |b_n|=c with c>0, then sure. If c=0, then you need to think more.
 
Last edited: