Are You a Nerd? Check Out These Hilarious Nerd Jokes and Memes!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
56 replies · 8K views
Messages
20,002
Reaction score
11,120
During a fight you throw a pair of dice (groaner?) :biggrin:

Got another one?
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Aufbauwerk 2045 and collinsmark
Physics news on Phys.org
It was pretty boring in the cocktail bar this evening. Only a few guests, the music played In the army now and my friends were busy in a talk. I was bored. At the other end of the bar sat a couple and the female's top, if it could be called so, left little to imagine. So I reflected upon this manifold, its tangent spaces and the singularity in the middle, which this girl offered to be seen or divined.
(I'm still not sure, whether it's really a singularity ...)
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Aufbauwerk 2045, pinball1970, Electron Spin and 1 other person
"Flip-flops" doesn't bring up an image of footwear.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Aufbauwerk 2045, Ibix, cnh1995 and 1 other person
fresh_42 said:
It was pretty boring in the cocktail bar this evening. Only a few guests, the music played In the army now and my friends were busy in a talk. I was bored. At the other end of the bar sat a couple and the female's top, if it could be called so, left little to imagine. So I reflected upon this manifold, its tangent spaces and the singularity in the middle, which this girl offered to be seen or divined.
(I'm still not sure, whether it's really a singularity ...)
My familiarity with the experimental side of such research is limited, but I'm reasonably sure the singularity is somewhat further below the event horizon. :rolleyes:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Aufbauwerk 2045 and BillTre
you consider yourself normal and the rest of the world weird.:oldconfused:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Demystifier, Aufbauwerk 2045, Ibix and 2 others
You carry an SA badge for expertise in a topic you studied (mostly) in your spare time?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: mfb, cnh1995, strangerep and 1 other person
You can explain what a Cartesian coordinate system is and know what a Cardassian is, but wouldn't recognize a Kardashian if you bumped into them on the street.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Demystifier, pinball1970, ProfuselyQuarky and 7 others
Janus said:
You can explain what a Cartesian coordinate system is and know what a Cardassian is, but wouldn't recognize a Kardashian if you bumped into them on the street.
Pun intended?
 
Janus said:
"Flip-flops" doesn't bring up an image of footwear.
:bugeye::oldsurprised:

wha' what tha'... And I thought I twaz' tha' only one!

Thank you Janus, Thank you for saving my miserable, flip flop'in,"JK'in", confused life! I owe you one!:bow:

Yours in deepest regards,
ES
 
You know you're a nerd if...

you love relational databases, but find relationship and dating sites scary.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: cnh1995, fresh_42 and Greg Bernhardt
You know you're a nerd if...

... You're sat reading and posting in off topic discussion on a Physics Forum!
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Demystifier
YAN ...

... if it always takes you two thoughts to understand what is meant when the news anchor uses the word conservative.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: cnh1995 and Garlic
You know you're a nerd if ...you check this thread every time you log in and hit 'like' on almost every new post...:wink:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Demystifier, Hoophy and Kevin McHugh
You admire the writer's callus on your middle finger?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: MexChemE, wirenut, cnh1995 and 1 other person
... if even your somewhat nerdy significant other thinks that you're obsessed.

A few weeks my daughter's ringette team (like ice hockey, but with a different "puck") played in a tournament in another town. An official asked me "Would you open and close one of the penalty box doors during the next game?" He, continued "I'll be in there with you, but I'll be running the clock." After I agreed, my wife (who has degrees in both physics and engineering) interjected "Just don't let him read his physics while he is in there!"
 
Last edited:
George Jones said:
... if even your somewhat nerdy significant other thinks that you're obsessed.

A few weeks my daughter's ringette team (like ice hockey, but with a different "puck") played in a tournament in another town. An official asked me "What you open and close one of the penalty box doors during the next game?" He, continued "I'll be in there with you, but I'll be running the clock." After I agreed, my wife (who has degrees in both physics and engineering) interjected "Just don't let him read his physics while he is in there!"
I have a feeling why they didn't offer you the clock management ...
 
fresh_42 said:
I have a feeling why they didn't offer you the clock management ...
If he reads in there, time dilation should be negligible.
 
A girl asks you to carry her books and you ask "Where To ? "
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Demystifier, gleem, dkotschessaa and 1 other person
jim hardy said:
A girl asks you to carry her books and you ask "Where To ? "
I once sat late in the evening at the bar in a cocktail bar, as all of a sudden the woman next to me, who was a complete stranger, asked me to pay attention to her purse while she went outside for some minutes ... - I know what you mean.
 
You still get upset thinking about the library of Alexandria.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Demystifier, Aufbauwerk 2045, pinball1970 and 2 others
I started uni this year and still don't know where the bar is? Or is this just really dull...:(
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Aufbauwerk 2045 and dkotschessaa
MsDeckard said:
I started uni this year and still don't know where the bar is? Or is this just really dull...:(

How about

"The only bars you car about are over vectors."

eh? eh? get it?

tumblr_n190v0rDar1qzcv7no1_500.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Aufbauwerk 2045 and gibberingmouther
dkotschessaa said:
How about

"The only bars you car about are over vectors."

eh? eh? get it?

tumblr_n190v0rDar1qzcv7no1_500.jpg
I think I can do even better=when a "contraction" is the difference between the time ordered and normal ordered second-quantized field operators instead of a woman going into labor. (Google Wick's theorem, etc. ) LOL
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Demystifier, Aufbauwerk 2045 and dkotschessaa
Charles Link said:
I think I can do even better=when a "contraction" is the difference between the time ordered and normal ordered second-quantized field operators instead of a woman going into labor. LOL
Life's really tough if you associate a kind of duality with every word that starts with co...
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Demystifier and Aufbauwerk 2045
fresh_42 said:
Life's really tough if you associate a kind of duality with every word that starts with co...
Google Wick's theorem. :-)
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Aufbauwerk 2045
Charles Link said:
Google Wick's theorem. :-)
I don't want to publicly speak about secrets, but is there an internal competition among physicists under way about how many different indices (at least 8 in my count) and symbols (at least eight again) a single operator can carry?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Demystifier and Aufbauwerk 2045
fresh_42 said:
I don't want to publicly speak about secrets, but is there an internal competition among physicists under way about how many different indices (at least 8 in my count) and symbols (at least eight again) a single operator can carry?
@fresh_42 A side item: Please read your messages/inbox. I included you in a conversation (about an hour ago) about an interesting integral I computed a few years ago. Would enjoy your feedback.
 
dkotschessaa said:
You still get upset thinking about the library of Alexandria.
I thought that made one worldly and cultured, or at least a history aficionado.

Charles Link said:
Google Wick's theorem. :-)
That's Wicked. :oldbiggrin::oldlaugh:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Charles Link