Valentine's Jewelry Sale: 90% Off & $190 DVD Player

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
In summary: Smart people know that buying things on special occasions is a waste of money, so they wait until the normal prices are in place.
tribdog
I'm watching tv and there is a commercial on. "Save 90% on jewlery for valentines day. 2 carat necklace reg price $999" or something like that. then down on the bottom of the screen is the fine print. "regular price may not have resulted in sales"
They know they are going to sell this stuff on Valentines day so the week before valentines they put a ridiculously high price tag on an item just so they can claim to take off 90%. I'm trying to sell my old dvd player. I was originally asking $19,000 for it, but since I like you I'm going to take off 99% and give it to you for only $190 how could you say no?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
No, I don't need 1! :zzz:

That would be $190 bucks, no wonder you get ripped off so much.

cyrusabdollahi said:
That would be $190 bucks, no wonder you get ripped off so much.
I wondered if I would be the only jackass to check to see if he computed that right :smile:

HEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAA that makes two of us.

I usually don't bother to check these things at GD, because the're usually wrong!:biggrin:

They do that in every comical

"regular price may not have resulted in sales"

:smile: :smile:

I've never seen that.

tribdog said:
They know they are going to sell this stuff on Valentines day so the week before valentines they put a ridiculously high price tag on an item just so they can claim to take off 90%.
This is why a smart person would by everything in March, for Christmas, Valentine's Day, birthday, etc/

they do the same thing in kmart. all their jewelery is on sale all year long for 70% off because that's the normal price

Mk said:
This is why a smart person would by everything in March, for Christmas, Valentine's Day, birthday, etc/

Ummm, no, a smart person doesn't fall for all that comercialized holiday crap. :mad:

Averagesupernova said:
Ummm, no, a smart person doesn't fall for all that comercialized holiday crap. :mad:
Being intelligent does not negate emotion or, uh...physical needs. Sometimes the commercialized crap is neccessary, in which case a smart person would buy it before all the hype.

FAQ: Valentine's Jewelry Sale: 90% Off & $190 DVD Player

What is the Valentine's Jewelry Sale?

The Valentine's Jewelry Sale is a special promotion where jewelry items are sold at a discounted price of 90% off. This sale is usually held around Valentine's Day, a holiday that celebrates love and romance.

What items are included in the sale?

The sale includes a variety of jewelry items such as rings, necklaces, bracelets, and earrings. These items are typically made from precious metals and gemstones, making them perfect gifts for loved ones on Valentine's Day.

How long does the sale last?

The duration of the Valentine's Jewelry Sale may vary depending on the store or website hosting the promotion. However, it typically lasts for a limited time, usually a few days or a week, to coincide with the Valentine's Day holiday.

What is the significance of the $190 DVD player?

The $190 DVD player is a bonus item that is included in the Valentine's Jewelry Sale. It is often used as a way to attract more customers and provide them with an additional gift or incentive to purchase jewelry items during the sale.

Can I return or exchange items purchased during the sale?

Return and exchange policies may vary depending on the store or website hosting the Valentine's Jewelry Sale. It is best to check their policies before making a purchase. Some stores may offer a limited return or exchange period, while others may not allow returns or exchanges for sale items.