Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Bug Youtube videos blocking thread options

1. May 19, 2009 #1
    I don't know if this has been reported yet.
    Embedded videos at the top of the page seem to be blocking drop down menus of thread options . I noticed it at this https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=130401&page=59". For example, the Share it option cannot be properly accessed.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. May 20, 2009 #2

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Not a problem with FF3.0.1 on Mac OSX.

4. May 20, 2009 #3

dx

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Looks fine to me too. (Firefox 3.0.10, Vista)

5. May 20, 2009 #4

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Look fine for me too, but my thread tools drop down comes nowhere near to overlapping with the youtube embeds. What resolution is your screen set at arunbg?

6. May 20, 2009 #5

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Mine neither, so I made my browser window smaller to force the overlap. Still, no conflicts.

7. May 20, 2009 #6

Borek

Staff: Mentor

Opera here - after I change window size so that Share It menu lands in the same place youtube flash player, Share It menu opens under video and can't be accessed. Same when trying IE.

8. May 21, 2009 #7
    Sorry for the late response, I was out of town.
    I use an old CRT monitor set at 800X600. Funny thing is when I accessed the page without logging in, google ads appeared between the video and the menu preventing overlap. Once I log in and refresh the page, the ads disappear and I am stuck with the same problem.

9. Jun 2, 2009 #8
    anyone else viewing the forums on 800x600 exp this problem?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook