Is MMS from Jim Humble safe? What can cause NaClO2 to the cells?

In summary, the speaker is asking if NaClO2, a chemical used in the "healing" method described by Jim Humble, is safe for human consumption. They are skeptical of the method and are seeking opinions from scientists and enthusiasts.
samnathan
Hi, I would like to ask you, if you consider NaClO2 harmless for the human body/cells.

I am asking because my father want to try the "healing" method described by Jim Humble but I am afraid he can make something bad to his body.

I am not good in chemistry, so, I would like to ask you scientists and enthusiasts, if is NaClO2 safe. Maybe it can damage the cell membrane or something else in human body, I do not know. What do you think?

I am sceptical of Jim Humble MMS (Miracle Mineral Supplement) method, however I would like to hear your opinion if possible.

Thanks in advance for any info/advice/opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chemistry news on Phys.org

1. Is MMS from Jim Humble safe?

There is no definitive answer to this question, as opinions on the safety of MMS vary. Some people claim that it has helped them with various health issues, while others warn of potential dangers and side effects. It is important to consult with a healthcare professional before trying MMS or any other alternative treatment.

2. What is the active ingredient in MMS?

The active ingredient in MMS is sodium chlorite (NaClO2). It is a chemical compound that is used as a disinfectant and bleaching agent. When mixed with an acid, such as citric acid, it produces chlorine dioxide (ClO2), which is the supposed "miracle" component of MMS.

3. Can MMS cause harm to the body?

There have been reports of people experiencing negative side effects from taking MMS, including nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and other gastrointestinal issues. In addition, the ingestion of high concentrations of sodium chlorite can lead to serious health problems, such as severe dehydration and organ damage. It is important to use caution when considering MMS as a treatment option.

4. How does NaClO2 affect cells?

NaClO2 can be toxic to cells, as it disrupts the normal balance of redox reactions. It can also cause oxidative stress, which damages cells and can potentially lead to cell death. This is why it is important to use MMS cautiously and under medical supervision, as it can have harmful effects on the body.

5. Are there any alternative treatments to MMS?

There are many alternative treatments available for various health issues, but it is important to consult with a healthcare professional before trying any of them. Some alternative treatments that have been shown to be effective include traditional medicine, dietary changes, and lifestyle modifications. It is important to research and carefully consider all options before choosing a treatment plan.