Asking for your sources of images of the whole earth.

In summary, the conversation is about a Norwegian image maker who has found discrepancies between photographs of Earth from different missions and is asking if anyone is aware of images taken from other missions. The thread also briefly discusses conspiracy theories related to the Apollo missions.
Jonsson
Hello there,

I am a Norwegian image maker. Unfortunately, I find discrepancies between photographs of the Earth from the Apollo missions (such as the blue marble) and images from the space shuttle and orbiters, which I cannot explain. They vary from the appearance of the atmospheric scattering of light to, in some places, the material which the surface appears to be composed of.

To avoid wasting your time, please let me cut to the question:

Are you aware of images taken of the Earth from other missions than the Apollo missions? Preferably from an altitude above ~45 000 km or ~30,000 miles and less than circa one lunar distance?

I have failed to find any, so I am asking here.

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards,
Marius

EDIT: I censored the thread to clear it of illegal material.

Last edited:
Astronomy news on Phys.org
Jonsson said:
What are the view of cosmologists on the conspiracy theory of the faking of the Apollo missions?
PF's view is that conspiracy theories in general are a forbidden subject.

Seems to me it doesn't violate posting guidelines to ask for photos, but if you hope to have any discussions about conspiracy theories, you can expect this thread to get locked heap quick.

Jonsson said:
Hello there,

I am a Norwegian image maker. Unfortunately, I find discrepancies between photographs of the Earth from the Apollo missions (such as the blue marble) and images from the space shuttle and orbiters, which I cannot explain. They vary from the appearance of the atmospheric scattering of light to, in some places, the material which the surface appears to be composed of.

To avoid wasting your time, please let me cut to the question:

Are you aware of images taken of the Earth from other missions than the Apollo missions? Preferably from an altitude above ~45 000 km or ~30,000 miles and less than circa one lunar distance?

I have failed to find any, so I am asking here.

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards,
Marius

EDIT: I censored the thread to clear it of illegal material.

You should be able to find images at NASA's website.

Here is a good resource: http://planetary.org/explore/topics/earth/ spacecraft .html

Jonsson said:
They vary from the appearance of the atmospheric scattering of light to, in some places, the material which the surface appears to be composed of.
Should that be a surprise?

What does "asking for your sources of images of the whole earth" mean?

"Asking for your sources of images of the whole earth" means requesting information about where and how images of the entire planet Earth were obtained or created.

Why is it important to ask for sources of images of the whole earth?

It is important to ask for sources of images of the whole earth because it allows for the verification of the accuracy and reliability of the images. It also helps to ensure that proper credit is given to the creators or providers of the images.

What types of sources can be used to obtain images of the whole earth?

Sources of images of the whole earth can include satellite imagery, aerial photography, digital elevation models, and composite images created from multiple sources.

How can I determine the credibility of sources of images of the whole earth?

To determine the credibility of sources of images of the whole earth, you can research the reputation and qualifications of the provider or creator of the images, as well as compare the images to other reliable sources.

Are there any legal considerations when using sources of images of the whole earth?

Yes, there may be legal considerations when using sources of images of the whole earth. It is important to ensure that proper permissions and licenses are obtained for the use of the images, especially if they are copyrighted or owned by a specific entity.